iPhone Droopy Blocks coming out Feb 2nd Crazy Puzzle/Action

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MBSGames, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 MBSGames, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Please check out gameplay videos for our new game Droopy Blocks! It is coming to iPad on Feb 2nd! We will be using this thread to update the latest content prior to launch.

If you love puzzle games but are looking for something new and different, something you have definitely never tried before Droopy Blocks is the game for you.

[​IMG]

What is this “Droopy Blocks”

“Droopy Blocks” is a fresh new take on 2D action/puzzle game designed specifically for tablets. The Droopy Blocks are cute, living blocks of goo that were made in a secret laboratory. They were accidentally melted and now must be put back in their original shapes.

To get the Droopy Block back into its original shape the player uses little creatures called “Suckers” to suck the gelatinous block in different directions. While the Suckers pull the block in the direction the player chooses, the player holds the parts of the block they do not want to move with their fingers. Through this fun, finger-twisting and mind-bending gameplay the player can reshape the “Droopy Block”!

Key Features:

• Innovative dripping and holding puzzle gameplay mechanic
    • 80 puzzles set in 4 diverse stages
    • Puzzle with character! The Droopy Blocks giggle when poked in the mouth or wince when stuck in the eye
    • A high-score, 5 minute, Championship mode that allows players to compete against each globally via Game Center leaderboards
    • Game Center Achievements
    • 4 profile slots so multiple people can play on the same device

The first 10 puzzles are free, get 70 more and Championship mode for 1.99! (Introductory price)

We are not using a publisher, so all the help we can get spreading the word is VERY much appreciated!

NEW VIDEO!
    [hqyoutube]VUQWPdluhLg?hd=1[/hqyoutube]
    [hqyoutube]s2FiBt4YN9k[/hqyoutube]
    [hqyoutube]rN7Gm-sVq4w[/hqyoutube]
    [hqyoutube]vrQinH0Fr04[/hqyoutube]

LINKS:
    Mechanical Butterfly Studios Website: http://mbsgames.com/index.html
    MBS Games Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MBSGAMES
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MBSGames?feature=mhee
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/MBSGames

Thanks for checking out the game!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear from you!

2. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    From the title and the icon, I assumed this was going to be another match 3 game (sigh), but from the game play video and the screen shots it is clearly something different. I can't wait to give this a try soon!

3. Thanks for checking it out slewis7!

I was really worried about people thinking this is a match 3 game. Any suggestions on the icon to make it not look like one?

4. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Yes - somehow fit the words "not a match 3!" into the graphic. Seriously though, I think it is both the name and the icon that will give a match 3 impression. Hopefully both your marketing and word of mouth will successfully counter that. You are off to a good start here with the details you have uploaded.

5. This is not a connect 3 game

Thanks again, please help us spread the anti-connect 3 word on this game :)

6. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    looking forward into it...

7. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    $1.99 is too expensive.

8. #8 MBSGames, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    Why do you feel $1.99 is too expensive?

The first 10 puzzles are Free, and if you like the game you can get 70 more puzzles and a whole new game mode for one in-app purchase.

Thanks again for posting

9. slewis7

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I guess I will never understand the pricing complaints in these forums. Perhaps folks expect the developers to work for free. Last I checked a movie costs about $10. I know I can get at least a few hours entertainment out of an IOS game.

If I like the free 10 levels, I will gladly shell out $2 and consider myself lucky.

10. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #10 Snozberry, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    I was wrong.

11. Apologies

I apologize for coming across that way Snozberry and anyone else I may have bothered. We are trying to get some paid advertising so please do not assume we are not willing to pay for it.

I wish we could just have renamed the thread. Seriously, I would have done that if we could. I do not wish to annoy people or junk up the message board. I made the mistake of naming the first thread something too specific (Droopy Blocks 1st Gameplay Video). That name obviously limits peoples expectations of the content they could find on that thread. I would have initially named it something general and used it up until the release of the game. I would be happy to have the earlier threads deleted by a moderator.

We respect and sincerely love and appreciate the TouchArcade community. I wish everyone that posts on these forums success with your games and that everyone looking for the best new games can find them.

Sincerely,

Casey

12. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    You can edit thread titles, simply by editing the original post.

I was only trolling anyway, can't wait to play some droopy blocks

13. BeRadical

BeRadical Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Game Developer
    San Francisco
    The game has a fresh and unique puzzle element. Very cool.

14. 2 More days until release!

Hey Snozberry, hope you enjoy some Droopy Blocks :) Unfortunately even editing the first post will not let you change the thread title. At least that is the way it is set up in the "Upcoming Games" area.

BeRadical, thanks for post, I hope you enjoy the game. 2 more days until it comes out!

Also, if you want some of the Droopy Block stickers when I get them, please let me know and I will mail you some for free!

Here are the designs:

[​IMG]

15. tofusoup

tofusoup Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    Congrats Casey :). Having worked with Casey in the past it's great to see more and more stuff like this happening!

I'll pick it up tomorrow

16. Snozberry

Jan 21, 2012
    #16 Snozberry, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    Loving this game. Just bought it then. How come there's no thread in iPad games? Everyone comes to TA to check out the new releases for Wednesday night so you should try to add it ASAP.

Anyway, I've just played to level 20, so far I'm amazed, really fun, feels like twister with puzzle elements.

Level 13 and 20 didn't register that I had complete the pattern, I had the shape but it didn't stop, the suckers kept sucking and sucked it out of shape again, then I pressed down and put it back to shape again and it registered.
    Edit- also happened on 28
    Also on 30, but I kept holding down the entire shape and finally it registered but then it gave me no rank.

I got a notification while playing and lost my place, was holding my fingers but there was noway to re hold them kinda thing..don't know if anything could be done about that except turning off notifications..

Other then that, perfect, couldn't be better. Liking it even more then I imagined, it's fun and I can imagine kids would love playing tnis with their parents, the kids could help out where extra fingers are needed, one level I was scuffling around trying to make sure all my fingers were in the right spot, it gives you that feeling of urgency and satisfaction. Loooove it. 5 stars in the aussie AppStore, thanks for your great work

Also it won't let you play championship mode, it says " plz complete level 1-10 first" but I have.

I love the train art work. Pretty awesome..there's always a grannie with grocery bags n the brother playing music ha ha

Music on train levels reminds me of "close to me" the cure

I kept wondering how I wasn't getting "perfect" because I was finishingnthe levels as fast as possible ... then I realized if you click the sucker twice it turns green..and sucks faster..but nowhere in the instructions told me that.. I don't think.. It's also a bit of a hassle to double click.. I think it'd be better if half the sucker was yellow and half was green so you could choose how fast you want to suck straight away with only one tap..If only women had that feature..

Just unlocked championship, you need to have a rank of "great" on the first 10 levels.

Finished the game too, haven't perfected all the levels though, mainly "great" because I really can't seem to get a hang of the green suckers.

Pretty good game but it could use more instructions, like it could tell you that you need a great ranking on the first 10 levels, and it could explain about the green suckers in the tutorial, as well as the tap/hold option,.instructions do come up randomly after finishing a level, but it's not very handy that way..I didn't find out about the tap feature until the last world, which was slightly annoying cause the hold featured was very irritating in certain levels.

78 was the only level I found had a but of difficulty, the rest were pretty simple to figure out.. It'd be cool having really hard levels that you have think really think to solve..

Still, all in all a great game. I enjoyed it very much, probably got at least 1 hour of gameplay out of it, maybe 2.not a fan of championship unless I was competimg against someone

17. Thanks for playing!

Hey Snozberry!

Thanks for downloading the game and sharing your thoughts on it! I am very happy you are enjoying it and all of the feedback is really useful. Thanks for the positive review, after months and months of hard work it really feels great to be able to share the game with you guys! Woo :)

We will definitely do our best address any issues you find, so please continue to let us know if you find any.

Hey Tofusoup, thanks for posting! I really appreciate the support and help over the course of this project. :)

18. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Today is 2nd! don't see any link to download the app...instead of sticker, I would prefer its a T-Shirt :)...

19. You are in Malaysia right? It should be out if you search for "Droopy Blocks" in your app store. Thanks for checking and posting reecOX. We will see what we can do about making some T-shirts ^_-

20. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    @MBSGames --- Thanks :)