Voice Answer: the new generation virtual assistant [+Lite version]

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Macvanderspek, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Macvanderspek

Macvanderspek Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Price has now been permanently reduced to $2.99 only. For this you get lifetime unlimited access to the ever expanding wolfram alpha database and you will benefit from any updates to the robot interface or the artificial intelligence improvements. Get it now :)

2. timedblades

timedblades Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    I wish she was "skinned" at least. haha. I prefer human like rather than robot like assistants. Pretty awesome step in the right direction though!

3. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Thanks! We will consider adding new 'looks' for the avatar. Glad you like the app!

4. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    On sale for a day! Get it for $1.99!

5. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Update launched! Fixed some issues, improved speed and stability, and added wikipedia as an additional knowledge source (priority will be given to wolfram alpha).

Check it out!

6. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#46 schplurg, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    Fun program, but I have one pretty big issue with it. I called someone without intending to and almost texted someone as well. I need the option to disable this program from calling or texting.

The sentence I spoke that triggered the call did start with the word "call" - but I was using it in another context. I was telling it to call me by my name to see if it would. I'm the dummy who did it, but still, one mistake could be costly.

I almost sent my doctor a pretty embarrassing, not quite accurately voice-analyzed, text message as well. It analyzed what I said incorrectly and setup the message, instead of searching the web for whatever it was I'd asked it to. That would have sucked haha. It prompted me to send it to him and I said "no" - very carefully......h-e-l-l n-o-!

I ended the accidental call quick, but it still went through it turns out. So ya, I think there needs to be a toggle, or an optional prompt, or else I'm afraid to use this :(

Talking about the full version by the way. Neat program, with some clever and funny "I don't know the answer" answers ;)

7. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Hi schplurg, thanks for the feedback! We are taking the remark about enabling and disabling the ability of voice answer to communicate to external users along in our update program.

But even now, as you found, you still have to press the 'send' button to actually send the messages that Eve creates on your behalf.

We have submitted a new update this week and are continuing to improve its performance. If you have any more comments, please pose them, so we can take up any issues.

8. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Voice Answer is on sale for a day! $1.99 only.

9. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Update released today! More wikipedia info integrated, adjusted wolfram alpha output for performance. Best version ever :)

10. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Another one day sale! Get it for $1.99 now!

11. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    We reached a top 10 ranking in the US app store this week. Check it out!

12. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    New update launched! 2.05 brings lots of improvements under the hood, making this version significantly faster than the previous ones. Presentation has been improved as well.

13. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    On sale for a day! Get it now for $1.99 only!

14. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Next update submitted to Apple, fixing the emailing and messaging issue on iPods, among others. We have put Voice Answer on sale while we wait for Apple to approve it.

15. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Update approved and in the app store now! Get this version of Voice Answer, the best Siri alternative available.

16. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Our free version of Voice Answer has just been updated, making it work flawlessly with iOS6. Check it out!

17. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    On sale for a day or two! Get it now for $1.99!

18. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Still on sale! Get it now.. You get an animated robot that responds to any question, full lifelong access to the wolfram alpha database (in itself an expensive app), fully supported voice commands, and even an interesting chat companion if you choose to. For just $1.99!

19. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    Just to be complete, the app can be found here:

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

20. Macvanderspek

Apr 19, 2011
    The latest version has just been accepted by Apple an hour ago!

You now have an option to switch voices. Also, the voice in the app has been made fully consistent.

We have ironed out the iOS6 issues, now all commands work fine, even setting reminders works perfectly now. Check it out! You could always try out the free lite version first.