Universal Warm Gun (By Emotional Robots)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 10, 2011.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Other bugs I found:
    While playing with the Preacher, I changed my gun twice (grenade->shotgun, shotgun->grenade) and the grenade icon changed to the shotgun icon, so I had two shotgun icons. I tried to reload using the "new" shotgun (no 3d model) and the game crashed.
    I got stuck in the Results menu after finishing a match. Then, a black screen appeared, and I had to relaunch the game.

2. Warm Gunner

Warm Gunner Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    Thanks for the feedback and info on the issue, its a problem we had in previous builds... thought it was fixed. :) Thanks a bunch, we will try to get it sorted.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You're welcome again!
    I just found other bugs, but this one is very strange:
    I joint a match with 0 people playing. It had a bot (the 49'), but it wasn't moving (I've seen this bug a thousand times), and I was walking around him. He wasn't even aiming, but after a few seconds he killed me, without any shooting sound, and the Wait for respawn message was showing, but I could move the character with the joystick. After one or two minutes, the game returned to the main menu.
    I always see that some servers are always full, or a server that has 24 people playing. Is that correct?

4. Warm Gunner

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    The issue you mentioned is a server issue, we need to automate a reset and try to work on a better end solution. We have improved some things with the next version, and we should see the servers rotate maps and refresh better.

As for the 24 player server, its a bug not a real server :p
    We are working to improve this whole set up... I'll keep you guys posted on our progress.

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #565 VaroFN, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    Today I had a match with only a bot and I couldn't shoot (using the Blacksmith) neither using grenades or the sledgehammer.

About the upcoming update, will we get new abilities like jumping, rolling or sprinting?

And I think that the Shaman's AI needs to be less perfect while using the AK.

6. Warm Gunner

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    Any weird issues that you experience online are due to the servers, we are working on some updates that will improve the stability. Ill be in touch this week with info on the release date for our updates. We are getting close :cool:

7. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Any news on when the update will be coming out?

8. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    #568 User58394, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    Just bought this app. Are you going to add aiming in? Something like using your sights.
    Anything on updates?

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Any news?

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    wondering the samething?

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I guess we won't get that update.

12. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Hi all, I'm interested in this game but I'm worried, because I have seen a lot of negative reviews for it. Is it better now? Is the game laggy, even offline? How are the controls?

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It isn't laggy and the controls are way better since last update but now nobody plays this.

14. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Thanks for your answer, I guess I should buy it, but I'm a bit short on Itunes credit, so I will ask another question: if I already have Trigger fist, should I get this too? I know they're different games, but is the AI good?

15. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    No. The AI here isn't... very good. If this gets the promised update, buy it, but meanwhile avoid it.

16. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    Thank you, this is the answer I needed to decide :)

17. Warm Gunner

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Designer
    Carnival of Bullets 1.3 Released

Hey Guys, just wanted to drop in here on the TA forums to share some recent news. We just released an update to Carnival of Bullets, its totally been reworked and updated from the ground up.

One of the new features is the inclusion of a deathmatch mode, for those people wanting to try the multiplayer aspect of Warm Gun. We are really pleased with this latest offering and we hope you guys will try it out.

Here is a link to the game on itunes, check it out and give us some feedback, we would greatly appreciate it.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/warm-gun-cob/id459014545

18. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    After a few minutes, I gave up. The controls are really slippery (as in, aiming should not continue to move the reticle after I lift my thumb), the fire button is right over where I aim, and the little ad bar on the bottom of the screen is really distracting.

I like what you're trying to do, but it's not really working for me.

19. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    controls has always been an issue with warm gun

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Out of the blue, new update!
    ✠ Added GameCenter Achievements ✠
    ✠ Added three new maps ✠
    -Whiskey Town