"Pocket Nature" teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gottfired, Jan 24, 2013.

1. gottfired

gottfired Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Game Developer
    Baden, Austria
    Hi,

I've made short movie style teaser trailer for my upcoming digital toy app "Pocket Nature".

Sit back and enjoy ;) ...

Thanks for watching,
    Gottfried

www.deltaorange.com

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So is this basically an interactive pond with nature pictures and such?

3. gottfired

gottfired Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Game Developer
    Baden, Austria
    #3 gottfired, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Yes, it'll be a collection of scenes with different effects. Most will be based on the water theme. all will have interactivity. So it's more a toy than a game.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Dans la vidéo, c'est Paris? Ou non?

This "toy" look quite interesting. Reminds me of Electroplankton in some ways, except without the musical premise. Looks very relaxing, though. Definitely looking forward to it :)

Any idea of a release window or price at the moment? :)

5. colbycheese

colbycheese Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Definitely an interesting concept! I'm sure I'll check it out. :D

6. gottfired

gottfired Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Game Developer
    Baden, Austria
    It's Vienna, but you're right, Vienna and Paris have quite similar architecture.

As for release. I'm still working on it, but I hope to release it within Q1 2013.

Originally I had the idea, because I wanted something for my little kids to play around with, that is not a game, but rather a toy that they can interact with. Then I thought, this could also be quite relaxing for people of all ages to play around with.

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Ah. Well I guess I don't feel too dumb then :p

Okay, very cool. Thanks for the release window!

It's a wonderful idea. I'm definitely looking forward to it :)

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    There's a bunch of other ones like this out there already. Does this app bring anything new or better to the table?

9. gottfired

gottfired Active Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Game Developer
    Baden, Austria
    #9 gottfired, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    To be honest, I've only found one that is similar (and that was really basic and didn't look nearly as good), so I can't really say. If you got any links to other apps like this I'd appreciate that. What I try to do is have a collection of interactive nature scenes, where each feels and sounds different (one's got rain/storm, one's got running water, one's got toys inside, ...). Also of course I'll make it as polished as possible. Don't want to start throwing around technical buzzwords, so I'll just say: it does look and sound nice and shiny :)

Update: Did more research. The closest thing I could find were all single pond apps. Pocket Nature will be multiple different scenes, that you can browse through, all with different styles and interactivity (might not even be all water based). Hope that answers your question.

As for pricing. Currently I am going with free (one scene) + IAP of two scene packs of 5 scenes each. I did a lot of research, and no matter what scheme (lite + full), (free + IAP) there were always people that hated either lite or hated IAP. Would be nice to know what the community actually prefers. So far from dev forums I got the impression that people prefer free + IAP unlock.