Game of the Year So Far (1st quarter 2011)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Neehan, Apr 3, 2011.

?

What is the best game of the year so far (1st quarter 2011)?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2011.
  1. Battleheart

39 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Bug Heroes

24 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Dead Space

54 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Final Fantasy III

16 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Hot Springs Story

8 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. League of Evil

14 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Mission Europa

51 vote(s)
    20.1%
  8. NBA Jam

12 vote(s)
    4.7%
  9. Tiny Wings

27 vote(s)
    10.6%
  10. Other (please post your vote)

13 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Oh how time flies. One quarter of 2011 is already behind us.

I took the top 3 games from our Jan, Feb, and March GOTM polls and put them on this list so please don't complain about what titles are included (just vote for other if you have to). The March poll was created by someone else before the end of the month so if your favorite isn't there don't blame me.

If nothing else, this list proves what a great 3 months its been for iOS gaming. And if you count last December, WOW thats a lot of great games. The future is very bright for us iOS gamers.

Anyway, enjoy the poll!

2. I agree with you that 2011 has been great so far! It's pretty hard for me to choose one game, since I loved some of the possible choices. In the end, I went with Tiny Wings not only because it's a brilliant game but because it represents a fantastic story of success for an indie developer ;).

3. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Pretty hard to choose between Dead Space, Mission Europa and Bug Heroes. All of those are great. I went with Mission Europa.

Oh you forgot to mention City Of Secrets. ;)

4. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    M.E. takes an early lead. I wish sales reflected how great that game is!

5. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I vote Bug Heroes. The latest update should be submitted any day now with the new Heroes, levels(adventure & coliseum modes), enemies, towers, and who knows what else Foursaken Media has up their sleeves to put into this already awesome game. Its practically going to double(if not triple) in content and I for one can't wait. :)

6. Famousmortimer

Famousmortimer Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    SB:S+S, but that's not on the list. So I went with FF3 as im having a blast with it (for dozens and dozens of hours).

7. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    I'll have to go with ME mainly because of the one man who made this. He is more active with the community that bought his game more then any other iOS developer i seen. Also the game is addicting and MASSIVE. I agree that this game should have better sales.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's why the "Other" option is there.

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Mission Europa gets an edge by virtue of more content and detailed customization. ...but I feel guilty for not voting Bug Heroes or Battleheart because both are really quality releases by indie studios that have appreciable difficulty and great fun factor. Tough call but Mission Europa takes it for.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dead Space!

11. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    Dead Space: the FIRST console-quality game on iPhone.

12. J-kid

J-kid Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    I find it very funny that Mission Europa, not dissing the game, is such a favorite but Toucharcade hasn't gotten around to reviewing it. Clearly, this should have been on the top games list but is hilarious

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I don't want to go that far, but it's the only game that I enjoyed every moment of. There wasn't a single moment where I felt like the game was boring or needed to move on. The relatively short gameplay length helped there, but it was definitely an amazing experience for the four hours it took to beat. The top-notch graphics and sound effects made it the most immersive experience I've had yet on the iOS.

14. Tubabube8

Tubabube8 Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Battleheart is awesome, but ME is just too epic

15. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    They havent got to it, they say, because they are still playing it. I see its very wrong that they havent even gave a preview of it or anything. Its such a great game and most of the people who originally hated it loved it after getting it.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Rumour is they tweeted they didn't like it and that's why it's not getting a review.

17. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I really enjoyed Dead Space - but the tram levels felt like filler content.

----------------------
    I'll reserve my vote until after I have played Sword and Sworcery, as well as Mission Europa.

18. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    i haveto go with battleheart ... and i have every game on that list but i personaly dont like full rpg games or fps as i find them to aquard to controll ... but thats just me ;)

EDIT:
    :((( i didnt see loe .. thats my fav game atualy

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    A lot of ME players may hate me for this. :( sorry, but I voted for Dead Space. It was one of the hardest friggin choices I ever had to make. Dead Space was fantastic the whole way through with unbelievable sounds and fantastic graphics. It beat out ME by this much: ()

D@mn. Too bad I couldn't vote for two. ME sure has my runner up vote. :)

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    A lot of the first game on consoles felt like filler as well, there was a ton of reused level content. It's really just the atmosphere that kept it going.