Pixel Cars, Upcoming top-down retro racing game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by madgreg, Oct 30, 2014.

1. madgreg

madgreg Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Programmer
    Montreal
    [​IMG]

Hi all,

I made a simple endless racing game with a retro style, it's nearly completed I am testing if there is any bug on different devices. You get to drive a nice pixel art car into a dense traffic highway, with a twist, you are going wrong way! The goal of the game is to get as far as possible without crashing into other cars coming in front of you. Simply tap left or right to switch lanes to avoid collision and collect coins on the way. With coins you can then unlock new cars!

Some screenshots and gameplay video:

It would be really helpful if some players here could play test the game, ideally on new devices such as iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.

Here's some Promocodes:

YFKN949X93HY
    WHEWNTNE7EF7
    LL37WNTPX9WP
    J79EPKKLN976
    TX6JTH4HJP7Y
    3H44E7TNL639

Thank you for your support!

Attached Files:

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you! I will test it on an iPad Air 2 and I will let you know if I run into any problems.
    YFKN949X93HY

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Grabbed J79EPKKLN976, thanks.. Will test on my gen 5 Touch. Cheers

4. Rising

Rising Member

Jul 16, 2014
    8 bit are always in my heart

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    No apparent issues on gen 5 Touch so far. Runs nice and smooth, seems like a fun game with a lot of "just one more go" replayability. Retro style is nice too. Plenty of cars to buy. My only issue is it seems it might get slightly grindy to earn coins to buy cars.. And the timers. Nice otherwise.

6. madgreg

madgreg Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Programmer
    Montreal
    Yeah I'm not sure also about the coins formula, I was inspired by Tiny towers formulas but I might tweak it considering user feedback. I'm also planing to add more cars and "dilute" the formula. for new cars I'm thinking a formula 1, a hummer, maybe a batmobile like car. I'm open to ideas :)
    I'm glad you like it, and thank you for your feedback!

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    No worries, I was reluctant to mention the IAP, cause I don't want to offend , and I know it's a touchy subject.. It could be interesting to add in races against another car, or cops perhaps? Random thoughts, but F1 would be cool.

8. Strange Famous

Strange Famous Active Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Game looks fun!

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I used LL37WNTPX9WP, thank you.

While there is no groundbreaking new gameplay here, the game is a nice little free to play diversion. Two things; GameCenter doesn't seem to be tracking my progress and is there a way to turn off notifications? Thanks again,

Richard

Btw, I'm on an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1.2 and have had a very smooth play experience. :)

10. madgreg

madgreg Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Programmer
    Montreal
    I didn't think of this, you can't turn off notifications for the moment, I'll add a checkbox in options.

Is there anyone with an iPhone6 who likes to try the game?