Universal QuestLord (by Lava Level)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LavaLevel, Feb 8, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Either lose the sword or ring I guess

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you see a red line over one of the hands then you have likely successfully equipt the spell book; the spell book occupies the lower right hand corner box but disabled the shield hand.
    Wait.. what? You can have a sword, ring, and spell book... just either spell book or shield.

3. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    That's what I ment. Somehow I'm in the elf woods. Yeah I don't know what I'm doing lol.

4. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I ssssecond that on the shield- I was getting smacked around till I got a shield and used it. Makes a big difference, just watch for when it gets knocked down.

5. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    But if you start as an Elf to get the intelligence bonus for magic, what's the point in carrying a shield? You can't use your spell book anymore right? Maybe I should just start over as a human or something. I keep getting owned. My attacks are pretty weak...

Is there a special way of attacking? I feel like my attacks to pretty weak damage. A lot of the times it's 2-6 and then randomly I'll get a critical hit or something. Is this just random or can you increase your chances of doing more damage during a fight somehow?

6. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    Oh right- sorry I started as human, and have putting points into bravery & cunning for attack & evade. I do keep a spell book handy, but only for teleport. Sorry I'm not of much help, though I am a ways in and I have seen some interesting looking spells and magic based eq.

7. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I started Elf and doing ok. Make sure you upgrade your weapons and armor as soon as possible.
    Also, I found the spell book in the first minute or two of the game. The spells seem to be pretty powerful. Make sure you heal as well. Although I guess that's obvious.

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I played as a dwarf (dwarfs start with the shield and low magic points) but pumped points into magic and it worked (eventually 46 spell points at level 10) so don't feel too bound to class origin. Granted that was in beta before shield bash was around but it shows you can tweak your character quite a bit. Too bad you can't use shield AND magic but there's got to be a balance to maintain diversity/challenge.

9. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    Anyone know where the quest giver for the blue shard is? I thought I found it around the ice giant area but I've gone long past that now and haven't seen it. All the while it sits in my inventory, mocking me!

10. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #130 LavaLevel, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    Grits:
    Yes I did it all. lol. But thats not entirely true. I had an awesome squad of testers. Chief among them, undeadCow then there is Dylan sorry D, forgot your forum handle and too many others to mention.

But all of the programmer/art/code & sound things I did myself. And that is why I am having a wee bit of a time catching up here. Thank all of you for being so patient with me. I haven't even had a chance to update THE GAME website to link the game for download?!

"How could that be what about submission time?" During that time I collected as much data as I could on the ahem
    android
    .. release to get my update ready. And very unfortunately the update required a PATCH for your games. Not to worry, but a guy out in China found a dead spot! fixed.

So if you encounter a spot where your game locks permanently, I know where it is and I have created a patch. Its rare to hit, but just enjoy quickGame if you hit it and update will fix you up after that. Also some other anomolies will be fixed. They will all be listed on the update. massive grammar fixes. And yes.. fine The wizard Throzdin has relented on spellbook being one word, that shall now be two.(grumble) And happiness shall reign over the land!

Ok, on that note getting late. Prob should get some sleep, but I am going to run through the game as fast as I can to tripple check these fixes.

hmmm.. if you really want to know...

The game has 18 Quests and 1 Overall story quest that is only given through clues. You might want to go and find a place (that you will remember) to stash that thing if it keeps calling your name! :D

And yes in QuestLord your equipped items determine more of your 'class' at that moment (wizard/fighter) And just like Gandalf wizards can wield swords and in this you can also wear armor. But the Shield/Spell_book is offset with either or. :)

So glad you guys are going through this. And thanks again for bearing with me and being patient. I will have more updated instruction stuff, also on that page will be a list of known bugs/issues (hence why doing it online was a good thing).

But for now guys... I must get some rest. Thanks again!

11. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    How big is this game? What's the map size? How long do you need to finish all quests?

12. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks for the tip, Eric! This game is great. Lost the weekend to it.

13. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    was ignoring this game since it looks like something i'd play on a phone over my ipad... turns out it's on Android so im thinking of getting it for my S3...

is this comparable to The Quest? I need to know abit more about this game b4 i buy it ._.

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #134 undeadcow, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    There are 160ish maps with 18 quest; the developer said someone in beta completed the core game in 16 hours with some hints/tips. I know I sunk more time than that into it. Each map a fairly complex tunnely maze; some with teleports, split across multiple access points, and scattered loot. There is also a roguelike quick play mode to toy around in.
    Questlord and The Quest are both turn based first person dungeon crawlers with similar influences. They both have relatively similar control schemes but QuestLord uses a swipe based combat mechanic. As you might infer from the screenshots QuestLord has a more retro artdesign but with more polished animations. The Quest is a definitive achievement of mobile gaming with mind numbing expansive content developer over multiple devices; QuestLord is a one man show... QuestLord is not lacking but it's hard to compare them directly. If you enjoy The Quest, as I do, then there is a great chance you'll love QuestLord. QuestLord will probably not dethrone The Quest but you will get more than your $1.99 out of QuestLord.

15. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I absolutely love this game and can only hope for more updates. Is using magic viable though? I think I'll restart as an elf then.

16. agnosto

agnosto New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    First a cry for help. Unable to complete the elf quest about the Mage in the tower (Vazeroth); went through the tower and killed the cultist knight on the top floor but quest is still incomplete... No monsters left to kill unless he's running from me as I run around the top floor.

Fun little game so far.

Thoughts:
    1) Really need a fast travel system; it gets pointless and boring to be forced to spend 5-10 minutes moving through empty maps to get back to some point in order to travel on.
    2) Strafe buttons are really needed, especially for clumsy-finger folk like me.
    3) monsters aren't much of a challenge in some areas but very difficult in others. I may be taking things out of sequence but since the game lets me, it might be better if the monster strength was relative to character level. Example: I did the dwarf quests before I found the elf land and with my dwarf equipment just blew through all the monsters there in less than 30 minutes.
    4) missile weapons and/ranged magic. The cultist mages can hit me from a distance but I can't touch them. Granted I haven't tried the spell I got in the tower yet (see my plea above) but my character is melee focused so I cast 1 spell and am out of mana.

Keep up the good work!

17. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    To complete each quest you have to return to the quest giver. The map inidcates quest giver location once quest task attained. In this case it is a knight just inside the elf town immediately to th left of the gate when you enter.

18. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I love this game :D but would I like the quest?

19. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    OHHHH is that what the green check marks are for on the map?! Ha, I wondered about them! Makes sense now.

20. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    The Quest is absolutely huge, but for some wild reason, I just couldn't get into it. Maybe ill give it another go down the road, but Questlord and Undercroft hooked me right off the bat. Check out the lite version first!