Universal Forget-Me-Not (by Nyarlu Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 22, 2011.

1. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Does it works on ios 8?

2. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Sure does.

3. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    I just now picked this up and I regret ever playing it. It's too fun. It's too addicting. I can't stop. Help!;)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Easily still one of the best games on the App Store. It's never left my phone(s) and the crazy thing is that it's never, EVER been broken by an iOS update.

5. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I agree. FMN is brilliant. I wish more players were patient enough to master grinding. It really opened the game up for me, in terms of playing longer, getting higher scores, and just having fun.

6. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This just made my day! :D:D:D

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I couldn't disagree less. The above post is 2nded, voted on, and ratified.

8. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I'd buy it all over again if they'd update it for modern screen sizes.

This, Disc Drivin', Pocket Tanks, and Canabalt (except when it was in time-out for the sound bug) have been with me continuously since their respective release dates.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Color me confused, but was FMN 2 getting ported to iOS?

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    From the NeoGaf iOS forum:

"hey, Forget-Me-Not guy here.. i just couldn't really afford to pay the app store license at the moment so was going to let it lapse for awhile until i could easily renew it, but my friend offered to help pay because they thought it'd be a shame for it to disappear.

i'd been meaning to make FMN permanently free anyway as it's 5 years old now, had a good run, and i'll probably never get around to updating it again. (kinda amazed it still works on current devices!)

i am working on a couple other games but am real busy with life and stuff, so i go very slowly.. got nothing anywhere near releasing.. anyway, thanks!! enjoy :)"

11. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Anyone else find that you have to REALLY swipe hard to get a response? It's really frustrating to not get feedback from an input. I know there are sensitivity settings. A control pad would solve this forever. Especially since there is so much extra screen real estate.

12. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Looks Like It’s Being Updated For 64-Bit!

Sent a whining pleading Hail-Mary of an email to the developer last night and got this back about 20 minutes later:

“:D you are kind!! good news, i’m working on it right now.. first a basic 64-bit update, then a newer, shinier version... definitely about time to revive that thing!”

Best. Game. Ever.

13. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #513 paulkane, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    That's awesome news!

Edit: I've been playing a lot this past week and just broke my long standing (years old) high score in Standard Original mode by almost 100k. Currently ranked 20th with 525,036! I ❤️ F-M-N!

Edit 2: I just played the weirdest session of Standard Original. On level 23, where it's only sparkly enemies, I had this huge board with three tunnels (six entrances/exits) near the four corners of the board which allowed me to keep squishing the sparklies and avoiding the ghost. The ghost wasn't particularly aggressive either. I racked up a ton of lives and points. I finally got bored and exited the level, but I could have stayed there forever. Level 33 (I think) is strictly Ladybug enemies. I don't think I had ever made it that far. It was a blast squishing so many of those, with no other enemies around. I was grinding for so long that I broke the grinding sound. It started sounding like that weird high pitch Star Trek sound effect from the TV show. My hand is sore and my neck hurts, but I'm now ranked 8th with 1,371,015!