World of Goo & World of Goo HD (99c) -Sep 29

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Sep 29, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

World of Goo

THIS VERSION IS DISCONTINUED AND WILL BE DE-LISTED
    Current owners will be able to re-download it at any time from th…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THIS VERSION IS DISCONTINUED AND WILL BE DE-LISTED
    Current owners will be able to re-download it at any time from the App Store. Tap Updates, then Purchased.

-----------

World of Goo is MetaCritic's highest ranked game OF ALL TIME, with a score of 98! Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the years.

Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.

This is the FULL award winning game, now on iPhone and iPod Touch. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues.

Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.

World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.

The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you.

World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!

Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally.

Congratulations, and good luck!

Awards and recognition for World of Goo:
    * Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
    * Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards
    * Best Design -Independent Games Festival
    * Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival
    * Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards
    * Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun
    * Game of the Year -GameTunnel
    * Wii Game of the Year -IGN
    * Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN
    * Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN
    * Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN
    * Best New IP Wii -IGN
    * Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN
    * Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Apr 14, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (13)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

World of Goo

2D BOY
    "iPad Game of the Year" - TouchArcade "iPad Game of the Year" - MetaCritic Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Go…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "iPad Game of the Year" - TouchArcade "iPad Game of the Year" - MetaCritic Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious. This is the FULL award winning game, now on iOS. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues. Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them. World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension. The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you. World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent! Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally. Congratulations, and good luck! Awards and recognition for World of Goo: * Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences * Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards * Best Design -Independent Games Festival * Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival * Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards * Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun * Game of the Year -GameTunnel * Wii Game of the Year -IGN * Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN * Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN * Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN * Best New IP Wii -IGN * Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN * Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards
    Information
    Seller:2D BOY
    Genre:Family, Puzzle
    Release:Dec 16, 2010
    Updated:May 29, 2017
    Version:1.6
    Size:113.6 MB
    User Rating: (12)

The Mac version is $1.99 (was $9.99)

World of Goo

2D BOY
    Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't…
    $9.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Beautiful and surprising, the millions of Goo Balls who live in the World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues. Mysterious Levels - Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them. World of Goo Balls - Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension. The Sign Painter - Someone is watching you. World of Goo Corporation - Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent! Massive Online Competition - Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox. World of Goo Corporation is contractually obligated to state that everyone is a winner and is enthusiastic to celebrate everyone's tower building opportunities equally. Congratulations, and good luck! Awards and recognition for World of Goo: * Best Design -Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences * Best Downloadable Title -Game Developers Choice Awards * Best Design -Independent Games Festival * Technical Excellence -Independent Games Festival * Best Indie Game -Spike TV Video Game Awards * Game of the Year -Rock Paper Shotgun * Game of the Year -GameTunnel * Wii Game of the Year -IGN * Best PC Puzzle Game -IGN * Best Wii Puzzle Game -IGN * Best Artistic Design Wii -IGN * Best New IP Wii -IGN * Most Innovative Design Wii -IGN * Puzzler of the Year -Golden Joystick Awards
    Information
    Seller:2D BOY
    Genre:Family, Puzzle, Education, Games
    Release:Jun 07, 2011
    Updated:Jun 07, 2011
    Version:1.0
    Size:65.0 MB
    User Rating: (1)

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Best physics puzzler on the iOS, hands down. If you don't already have it somehow, now is the time.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Get this if you don't already have it.

P.S. before anyone asks, World of Goo HD is universal, World of Goo is for iPhones. Get the HD one as they are both the same price atm.

4. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    YES :D I have w8ed for this for a long time :D but it is bing modifyde right now, so I can't download it :O so will have to w8 som mins :p

5. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Now THIS is the sale that I've been waiting for.
    Thanks for the heads up! :D:D

6. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    On sale Stateside now. I've been wanting this for awhile. Thanks for posting!

7. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    now it is 99 cents..

8. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Bought the HD version and it was Ooooozome. :D

9. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Ah, Mr. Goo. I have been expecting you!

10. StarForge

StarForge Member

May 13, 2011
    Hehe, thanks for the heads up, I too have been waiting :D

11. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    Thanks for the heads up
    Bought the HD version

12. Just bought the HD and Mac versions even though I already have the iPhone-only version. :D

13. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    finally bought the game for $0.99 :p

14. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Had this on my list and bought instantly after the price drop...played a few levels and it went to my "nice physics puzzlers to play later" list.

I kinda expected a more "earth shaking" experience with all the hype it got...strange

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Chances are you first played the physics puzzlers that this game spawned. Possibly even without knowing it.

16. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    That's probably right. The game looks solid and it was more a matter of surprise than criticism.

17. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    one of the best games on iOS

$1 for the HD version is fantastic. instabuy for my ipad2

18. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    how long is this sale for?

19. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I wish they were the same price last time they were on sale. I picked up the iPhone version and the game itself is awesome, although I'd love to have the HD version for when I eventually get an iPad. I may pick it up anyway for that price, but haven't pulled the trigger. In any event, if you don't have it, this is a must buy at this price.

20. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Same, just bought the HD version, will be sweet if I get an Ipad eventually. Already had the Mac though.