Universal Heist City Heat (by Big Fish Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 4, 2015.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    I don't normally get excited for Big Fish Games, but those screenshots are pretty promising.

[​IMG]
    Heist City Heat

Big Fish Games, Inc
    Genres: Games Simulation Strategy
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPadWifi
    • iPhone6
    • iPhone5s
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPodTouchFourthGen
    • iPhone-3GS
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone4
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPad23G
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPhone5c
    • iPodTouchThirdGen
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPad3G
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPhone4S

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0

Download Size: 79.6MB

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This looks REALLY promising. So much so that I'm sure there's some major catch,

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I am always an optimist, sometimes blindly so, but even I get the same feeling. I can accept an energy system for something that looks as good as this does, but I'm expecting something more constraining. I'll have a play and leave some impressions soon then!

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Is this somehow Monaco-inspired?

5. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Looks so good... Please be good. They don't even mention social features in the description! Amazing

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The impressions video seems to indicate this has less depth than I have it credit for, but I'll still take a look when this shows up on the US store.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The first couple tutorial levels are rather fun. Seems like a time Management thing. Timer seems to be the police heat meter which fills up the more you rob.

9. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    This seems to be a bad copy of the more tactical old java game "Stolen in 60 seconds".

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    That game is the first thing I thought about when reading about this one. In any case, HCH must have been pulled, because it's unavailable.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Well, it's available in the NZ App Store, so I guess it's a soft launch. Downloading now.

12. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Not available in Turkish store please devs make it available I promise I will buy :p

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's F2P, so you can create a NZ account and grab it.

Gameplay wise, I'd describe as a "real-time Stolen in 60 seconds". I haven't played much yet and I've yet to see what the premium currency is for or do anything else aside from breaking into cupboards and avoiding hostages from escaping, but the game looks very promising.

The only timer is the cop heat. I've played 4-5 missions and it's filled up 1/3 of the bar. It cools over time, and it seems that an acceptable rate (1/10 every 5 mins?). It also plays toward the game basics, since it seems "realistic" that if you steal too much, the Cops will be on your tail.

It would be nice to know when/if a global launch will happen, but it all seems as a soft-launch atm. I don't know in which regions, but one is NZ (and I say "if" because other soft-launched games such as Drive: USA never left the soft launch).

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Not available in UK.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's a soft launch for sure.

I've been playing a bit more and the game is very interesting and has potential, but as always: timers. When the cop bar fills completely (something that happens in 1 single job if you kill a guard) it takes 2h30m to cool down, or 20 "premium currency", which is quite expensive. I had 5 since the game began, and I used them to increase the amount of money you can clean from 1,000 to 7,500. When you take big jobs, you have to clean the money in the laundry and collect it, and that implies timers too. The game says that you get documents through special missions, but I have yet to see any…

On the gaming side, I've reached the point where I can choose/hire my team, there are different specialities according to your needs (picklocks, another who can cure injured team members, etc.).

I like the game. I'd rather have a more premium approach, but it is playable and enjoyable as it is (although 2h30m is a lot of time, in case any devs are reading).

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Does anyone know what happened to this game? It's disappeared from the NZ App Store (although it's still in my purchased list...).