Space Haven, the PC/Mobile game inspired by Rimworld, FTL and original X-COM.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdmiralGeezer, Oct 5, 2016.

1. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    #1 AdmiralGeezer, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Newest screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The creators of Battlevoid: Harbinger presents: Space Haven

Ladies and gentlemen. Our process of developing a game has always been with an initial vision, a dream as a starting point. So far it has never been an exact and detailed vision, rather a more big picture vision where we dream up the world and the setting for the game. We know the game mechanics on a big scale, but experience has thought us to leave room for changes.

It's very hard to know all the details of a new game before hand, before you have started developing it. The first prototypes, the first visible features often inspire new thoughts and visions. This is our process, this is what we trust in. We are gamers at heart, each and one of us have played games for over 20 years. If you can't trust your feelings and passionate "twinkle in the eye" ideas for new features at this point, then what can you trust in life?

Why am I writing all of this? Because our vision has become more clear. How would we describe the game now?

Space Haven is a space ship colony building game, where the individual characters, the random encounters and space exploration tell a unique story each time you play a new game. The game is inspired by such greats as Rimworld, Faster Than Light, and the original X-COM. We will focus on creating a game that makes you laugh, wonder, and live the story together with the space ship crew escaping Earth. As always, replayability is something we want the game to encompass to a high degree.

Obviously, Spacebase DF9 is also one of our inspirations. We loved the game, but found it frustrating that the development was suddenly cut off. As developers we understand why such a thing can happen. Well, this gives us a perfect challenge to set out to do a game that has the same potential Spacebase DF9 had, even more so, and we promise to take it all the way.

How will we do this? With the help from our community of course! There is no better way to develop a game than to do it together with the community. To dream of it together.

Who is this game for?

• [*]For gamers that like games with crew management, simulation,colony building as features.​
      [*]For gamers that like to encounter different groups in space, board their ships, and steal their food.​
      [*]For gamers that like games such as Prison Architect, Rimworld, Faster Than Light and X-COM.​
      [*]For gamers that value quality indie titles.​
      [*]For gamers that want to be part of a great community, and help developers create the best game from an initial vision.​

We are developing Space Haven with PC as the main platform, but rest assured that we will do our best to bring the game to as many mobile devices as we can. Sit down and take firm grasp of your chair. Space Haven is going to be the best title from Bugbyte yet. The culmination of 5 years of daily hard relentless work. I look forward to keep you in the loop, and once the day comes for the first test build, you will hear about it.

[​IMG]

Want to be the first to play? You can quickly subscribe below:
    Join the Bugbyte community!

Cooper04 and DTK like this.
  2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This looks amazing! Wow I want this today but will glady wait for it :)
    signed up!

3. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #3 mastery51, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    This looks awesome!! Love all your games.
    I can assure you that you got my purchase when this is released! Can't wait to see how this develops over the next few months.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Very interesting. Keeping an eye on this one.

5. Cerberus_17

Cerberus_17 Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    I've been waiting for a game like this on IOS for years

6. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Thank you for the comments and encouragement! We are working hard and I will keep you updated on our progress here. Sign up if you want to be reminded.

7. MvP Ace

MvP Ace New Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Hi please make this game online! like PixelStarShips!It be much better if we can PvP other player!

8. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    The games style reminds me of that meh Double Fine game Spacebase DF-9

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

really awesome! minumum requirements?

10. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I can't wait to try this game !!

11. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Yeah, the difference is that we don't leave things uncompleted :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  12. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Hard to say at this point. I believe we have it running on an iPad Mini still. Let's see how it develops, we will surely announce the specs when we know better!

Cooper04 likes this.
  13. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Will this be iPad only or it's also planned for the iPhone?

14. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    If the phone screen size will allow for it then yes, but this remains to be seen as we develop the game. We will try our best to get it to phones as well. It's not about the tech, it's about the screen size and if a game like this will work. Once we have the features, user interface and more sorted out we can test it and see if it is at all feasible to play on a phone.

15. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    #15 AdmiralGeezer, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Time for an update!

[​IMG]

Looking at our game at its current state I have to say I'm damn excited, just the way it looks. I personally love the isometric view and our graphics guy is doing a great job with it. All of this said I know very well that if we don't succeed in creating a good game around all of this it is going to mean nothing. There is a bit of pressure there, but I'm doing my best to keep us on a good course.

We have been working on developing mining pods the past week. A couple of gfycats to show what they look like:
    https://gfycat.com/FailingEuphoricElephant
    https://gfycat.com/MediocreBlaringKoalabear

Time to create a jet pack for the space floating characters ;)

Cooper04 likes this.
  16. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Yes, the artwork is really cool!
    I hope you have a great combat system when fighting Aliens that board your ship.

Thanks

17. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    I agree this is looking really good. It will definitely stay on my radar.

18. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Hold on Rupert, let me calibrate the trajectory before you venture out.

We have been working on some character animations, mining pods and carrying dead bodies lately. Well, it's possible to toss the dead bodies out into space right now, a pretty cruel and cold way to go. Characters can now venture out from the ship by going through air locks, or use a mining pod or transports to fly around. We have been working on lighting as well and it's starting to look good!

There are a couple of short videos here if you feel like checking out the looks of it right now:
    http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=264

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Looks amazing!! Really hope it's on iPhone

20. GilbMrVape

GilbMrVape Member

Oct 27, 2016
    teacher
    park city, utah
    Time to upgrade my ipad, this looks like the kind of game that i'd rather play on tablet than on my phone