Thanks (Burton) for the response :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by hardrockcafe, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe Member

May 4, 2009
    Well it seems that my first official thread on this forum got closed....but I wanted to thank (Burton) for his response to my Pocket God request.

Glad to be a new member of these forums.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow....

Just private message him or write on his wall. Don't make a new thread.

It got locked for a reason. And this is one of the worst threads I've seen. :rolleyes:

3. ksl2006

ksl2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Gamer
    Planet Earth
    Well said, and... THREE POSTS?

4. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Welcome to TA.....please don't make us teach you the hard way....

(hint: post in the appropriate forums)

5. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Let's continue this thread and talk about how ridiculous it is! HAHAHA

6. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

congrats, you made my list. :rolleyes:

you threads are amazing. 2 out of 2 best threads ever.

you'll never be able to top these past 3 posts, so you should never post again. thanks.

7. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Congrats burton!!!! :)

8. hardrockcafe

hardrockcafe Member

May 4, 2009
    well guy's...i feel stupid for posting like i did....don't understand the forums that much....new here...i will stop posting if you want...sorry to disrupt. :confused: :(

P.S...maybe someone can help explain how to private message someone...i would have done that if I knew how.

Chris

9. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    You click on a username, a menu will drop down, with an option that says "send a private message to ______"

Don't stop posting, just try to post things that are productive/interesting/generate discussion, if ya know what I mean. It might be in your best interest to not post for a day or to, take a step back and just read threads in the forums - get a sense for what discussion is like, what makes people mad, etc. Instead of learning the hard way :)

~Fletch

10. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Hehe and don't read the Pocket God threads as an example of how to behave on the forums. ;)

I've sent the mods a message asking them to lock this topic as well because it wasn't going in any constructive direction, but I'm glad you (hardrockcafe) at least got something out of it - a guide on how to use Private Messages.

Also please be aware of the Search button in the dark blue bar at the top of a page. It's always appreciated if someone searches before starting a new topic, to prevent duplicate topics. For example, your question about the Pocket God icons could have been placed in the most recent Pocket God topic created by davecazz.
    (On the other hand, the Pocket God topics get filled really quickly so your post might have been burried very fast there! ;))

Like Fletch said, please don't stop posting. Don't let other people discourage you, each community has it's norms and 'rules' and it takes a few days to get to know them. :cool: