Eliminate Grouping System

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by d1, Nov 4, 2009.

?

Is The Grouping System Too Unbalanced?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    23.2%
  3. Kind of, needs a few tweaks

33 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I'm sorry guys, *another* Eliminate thread. I didnt wanna do it, but i gotta know. Does any1 else feel that the grouping system is unbalanced?

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    comeon ppl vote this poll, if we show enough proof then maybe NgMoco will make some changes

3. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    it needs a few tweaks imo, ive been matched with lots of high level players, only lvl 5 :eek:

4. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yea i had that happen to me a lot before

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    But its a lot of fun being on the opposite end of that :D

6. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I just played a match against a level 14 player. (I am level 8.)

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Three of my last four alloted matches were against level 20 people.

I'm level 9, and I only got a combined 8 kills in all those games. Hurray for one-hit-you-die guns!

And now I have to wait another freaking 240 minutes to be able to earn credits again.

Huzzah for this ingenious gameplay!

NGmoco made the grouping system terrible. That way, when you get overpowered you feel the need to buy more credits to enact revenge!

Genius!

8. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I think the world game auto match by skills but not level.
    You can see two player have the same levels can have different skills value.

But how the game calculate the skills I don't know.:eek:

9. Allen at ngmoco

Allen at ngmoco Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Producer
    Hey guys, I just want to repost my post from the main thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=618002&postcount=6375

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yes i read that post, but i PMed mj, i guess i must've deleted her msg..but anyways from the sounds of it, it didnt seem like any major changes were g2b made, like most of us would like, i.e. the grouping according to skill level [fail]. it just doesnt make sense in all aspects. just because u have a high skill lvl, doesnt mean u can take on higher lvled ppl with better gear + weps. yes, it is possible, but when ur put in those odds, playing seems like more of a chore. when u have to deliver 4-6 shots to someone's head before they die, while they can give u a quick 1-2 shots, it kinda defeats a lot of the fun of the game, and personally, its put me off it quite a bit. i find myself choosing not to play simply because i know im g2b paired with higher ppl [yes im lvl 26, i guess thats kinda high, not really tho] but still itd be nice to play other ppl my level. it just seems more balanced that way. if u look at it this way, if you've managed to reach x lvl, and so have others, then obviously u have skill to have reached that lvl, and so have the others, so why not just base it off that? makes sooo much more sense to me..

11. DeVitus

DeVitus Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Finland
    Well, not only the grouping system is unbalanced, it is also bugged or exceedingly unfair to such extent that it seems to be bugged. Let me explain the accusation. One game drains 1/3 of an energy bar, so you can be lucky and earn up to 90 (haven't experienced earning more so far) credits, or nothing in case that someone from the friend list invites you to join the game, you accept it, and then the person disconnects for some reason. What you end up with is 0 earned credits and 1/3 energy bar less. Fair? Don't think so.

Thus, I never accept friend invitations unless my energy is completely drained.

12. C4PTAIN

C4PTAIN Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    well yh kinda lol, its true, ive been matched with derek sometimes, poor you :p

13. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Amen brother.

I'm currently only lvl 7 (I have yet to purchase any energy) but my skill level is 2310. I'm not sure how much that comes into play, but more times than not i'm matched up with lvl 15+ players, and get annihilated in one shot most of the match. Actually my last few matches i've been paired against lvl 20+ players which as you can imagine, is super fun and ultra awesome.

When I actually do get a match against similar lvl players (even up to lvl 14), I almost always pwn everyone. I've had quite a few 10-3-3-1 matches.

14. Comercial9

Comercial9 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    #14 Comercial9, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    I feel it is a little unbalanced, but if it wasn't, then we would probably have to wait a long time to find a match of all level 4 players or all level 11 players. There are, surprisingly, more people who play a lot and are level 20+ and the lower level players are sometimes just thrown into those games to fill the slots. It is only annoying when you lose credits because of it. The levels don't come into play as much as skill points, but it still seems unfair if you have low level equipment and the same skill as a highly upgraded player.

Edit: if you want to level up really bad, have a friend play a match with you and let you get all the kills. Be sure to taunt for extra credits. They can still be drained of energy, but as long as you have some you will level up quickly.

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    yes, u of all ppl can surely attest to this. ive been paired with u sooo many times and u know exactly how easy it is to kill me with 2 shots meanwhile i can be firing rounds into ur head to no avail.. i just dont understand why ngmoco continuously chooses to not change it, when clearly so many ppl want it to be modified.

16. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    Here's something I posted in the other thread:

I think it should first pair with your same level, then pair you with similar skills within that level. If your skill is ridiculously higher than the next highest (like 1500 difference), Search for players 1 level higher. If the difference is still greater, search 2 levels higher. Then there should be a cap, you can't play someone 3-5 levels higher than you, for example.

17. efp1

efp1 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Finland
    Yeah, I've been paired with you a lot as well. It's not fun since you're like 20 levels higher than me. Not really fair.

18. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I think that it matches pretty fair, but it denfinitly need to match better. I am happy with it. I have played online games that a first time player will get matched with the the #1 player on the leaderboards.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I vote NO. I think it's fine how it is. It's the in-game tweaks (i.e. Berserker shield) that needs work. ;)

20. hapz

hapz Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    i often wonder how it all works..

the first game i played as a new player, i see someone with yellow gear and a vaporizer..

i resorted to making 2 accounts, one as a main which uses only energy to play
    the the other to play anytime of the day with and without energy.

the first account is ok, fun, am matched to people with similar gear and experience.

the second account, i am level 7, matched up against level 15+ and a skill rating of 2200.. everyone has yellow armour and rocket launchers/vaporizers, etc.. not much fun to play but still try and manage playing with it.. it isnt nice to waste energy as you will lose most of the time and get maybe 35 credits...