Sega Sonic Sale (Ends 3/20)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Curleh Mustache, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    The following games are on sale:
    Sonic The Hedgehog (1.99)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (2.99)
    Sonic Spinball (0.99)
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (3.99)

100% of Sega's proceeds from Sonic The Hedgehog iOS titles will be donated to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts in Japan.

2. Sprite Cola

Sprite Cola Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Walnut, CA
    Good to know that we can help this way too. Will buy all of them just to support the relief efforts.

Thanks for sharing!

3. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    #3 Curleh Mustache, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
    No problem.

4. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Great stuff - glad to help by buying these golden oldies!

QS :D

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Probably gonna buy to help out the cause. This is a good thing they're doing. :)

6. Sprite Cola

Jul 28, 2010
    Walnut, CA
    Indeed. I've chipped in around $15 yesterday buying and gifting Sonic games and SF IV. I wish more developers will join this and help out!

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I never thought of gifting the app. I already have it. Thanks for the idea SC!

8. Sprite Cola

Jul 28, 2010
    Walnut, CA
    You are very welcome CS! I also told my friends to do the same - gift a few to their friends and spread the news.

Let's all do what we can, and hope the best for Japan!

9. Paco

Paco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    #9 Paco, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Bought Sonic 1 and 2, I wanted long time have it, great memories (already have sonic 4 at almost full price long ago), also bought SFIV for the heck of helping, great movement from sega and capcom.

Sonic spinball any good?

10. Rofl Copter

Rofl Copter Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    I got number one, but unsure as to whether to get the fourth, I've heard too many bad things about it.

I think I'll just get the second as well, then gift SIV to a few mates :)

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I'm surprised that SEGA and CAPCOM are the only ones who do this. Where's Namco, Square Enix, Konami, Taito, etc?

I'm not after any sale, they could just use the standard price and say all profits will go to charity. I don't mind paying full price for crappy games I'd normally avoid if all the profits go to charity.

12. Paco

Paco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    What? Sonic 4 is an awesome new game that add a lot to the franchise, sure it has its flaws but still a good purchase...

You might aswell read this ;)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-14-japan-publishers-donate-to-tsunami-effort

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yes it's great that they donate that kind of money but would be even sweeter if they let us participate too by buying their games like SEGA do with their sonic ios line up :)

At the end of the day, I can always donate through other means, but it's just nice when a company does that. Actually, it seems like they're the ones who indirectly donate it.

14. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Dont really play sonic, too fast and random to my taste, i dont think ill play it, but for donation, bought em.
    Im surprised itunes allow them to put the charity pitch in the app description, i thought thats taboo for apple. I hope they made a special case for this one. But good job sega, hope you have tons of sales.

15. rann

rann Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I already bought SF4 during valentine promo... but I went ahead and bought Sonic Spinball, Sonic 1,2,4ep1... Salute Sega and Capcom.

16. Paco

Paco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    ok, bought Sonic Spinball aswell, now I have all Sonic of the App Store, can't get enough Sonic, I take it like a personal "vendetta" as I've never had a Genesis on my childhood ;) and besides that I'm helping, good job Sega.