Square Enix Games on iOS9

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tekchic, Aug 12, 2015.

1. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I don't have iOS9 beta -- but I'm seeing messages on several Square Enix games warning about compatibility.

Does anyone know which ones work and which don't on iOS 9? I'm dreading getting 20 hours into FFVI or FFIII and then being unable to play when iOS 9 comes out in two months or so.

Specifically wondering about FFIII, FFVI, FFV. I don't see that same "iOS9 warning" in Chaos Rings or Dragon Quest VIII though.

Just wondering if anyone's happened to try out the FF's in iOS9 -- I may need to just buy these again on Vita so I can play through them without worrying about them breaking on iOS updates.

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    #2 klink, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    It's way too early to say. Sometimes things that are broken in iOS betas wind up not being an issue in the final release. Other times developers update their Apps to be day one compatible with the new iOS version. So hang in tight.

They only posted that warning because idiots were downloading ios 9 beta and writing negative reviews in the App Store.

3. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    One thing you can count on: if the Final Fantasy games break in a way that renders them unplayable, SE *will* fix them quickly. Non-FF stuff, that's where you should worry a little.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I would have tried them out for you if I owned them.

5. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks for the replies! Hopefully they'll fix them fairly quickly -- even before iOS 9 releases would be great. I have no shortage of RPG's in my backlog between Vita, PS3, 3DS and iOS :)