Can someone please explain syncing with a + (Plus) App?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Looony, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Looony

Looony Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Hi all.

As we all know there are games that work both on the iPhone/iPod AND the iPad. I call these PLUS apps. For example :

Jetpack Joyride
    Where's My Water
    Tiny Tower
    GTA 3.

Most of these connect to Game Centre.

With Tiny Towers you can play the game on your iPhone and then carry on playing on the iPad. But games like Where's My Water won't carry the data from iPhone to iPad even though its the same game/app.

Can someone explain why this is?

Thanks

P.S. I understand why it won't sync from a normal iPhone app vs iPad HD version of that game (Like Minigore).

2. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    I think a lot of it has to do with iCloud syncing as well.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Tiny Tower stores its data on the Game Center server (or A server) so that when you log on to another device with the same Game Center name it will recognize you have a game in progress and ask if you want to transfer the data. It's not really a sync as when it was originally designed it was meant to just be helpful if you changed devices. It backs up every 3 hours so that is what you get when you sync.

As more games use a server or implement iCloud then you will be able to sync across devices. Your achievements should show up on another device but anything you collected or unlocked in game won't.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    BTW, plus apps are called Universal apps.