Universal Darkside by Clockwork Pixels (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I don`t see anything wrong in it if you prefer it that Way and I`m sure the TA-Staff will see it the same Way :)

2. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks Sanuku : ) ... Great game play footage btw and a pretty good first score too!

3. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Sall good man, im glad the guys at housemarque were cool with you, looking forward to this when it comes out in us...

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Dual stick shooter by the dev of Kitten Sanctuary? Sold. (For the record, I would have preferred standalone lite/full versions though.)

5. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I think free/pay to unlock works better, you don't have to delete the lite version and download the full version only to lose progress.

6. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    this looks killer , theres a certain void of the synthetic variety who would love this game lol! needs to come out in usa now!

7. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    the ops should merge both threads and keep this one for the dev... :D

8. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Understood. My decision to go for a single 'unlock' IAP was because the Lite edition of Kitten Sanctuary didn't do anything. All the promotional focus was on the full version, so most players would have been forced to decide whether they liked the game or not based solely on the App Store page.

This way, players can play the game for as long as they want (there's Game Center support and no ads) and the single IAP is there instead of the upfront purchase price the game would've had if I'd gone the lite/full route : )

Thanks for mentioning Kitten Sanctuary btw (link to the Lite edition below) ; )

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    One thing I love about this game is how it's nice to have a variety of both flying and walking enemies. The three-dimensional aspect is more than just giving it perspective. You've got walking spider-type enemies and giant bosses as well as buildings and stuff on the surface of the planets to deal with.

It's not the standard run-of-the-mill DSS with just shapes coming at you. And blasting away an asteroid isn't always the best approach (depending on the mission) because the little pieces that fly out when you blow it up can hit and damage you as well.

Not sure how much enemy variety comes in the Arcade mode (played a bunch of waves and was impressed enough to buy the full game). But in the mission mode, things get pretty hectic in certain levels. I found myself bouncing off towers, asteroids and enemies leading to my demise.

Am more and more impressed as I play with the graphical detail. Also requires some more tactical approaches depending on the mission than just blowing apart everything in sight.

10. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #30 Delusionaltool, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    nice!!!!! cant wait till it comes out in the us, also there is a crappy puzzle game called darkside in the appstore i didnt know if you knew that or not...

11. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    #31 Clockwork Pixels, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    And so, they were ... makes sense, as both threads were active, I just wish I was able to tweak the first post.

Thanks for all the feedback so far (from both threads!), looking forward to the game appearing in the US : )

12. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    with all the usual NZ releases the US gets it at 11pm eastern. and ask a op to edit what you need on the main page.

13. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    This is all I need!
    SOLD:)

14. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Damn, hugely impressed with this one. Not perfect, at least on first glance - seems fairly simple (though the darkside mechanic is interesting), and the tiny levels are maybe a little too cramped. But it runs and controls beautifully, and looks amazing. Not quite up to the amount of particles Super Stardust throws around, but it's closer than I ever would have thought an iTouch 4G could get. Bought the full game, and very much looking forward to sinking a good amount of time into it.

15. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Looks awesome, not much f a duel stick shooter guy but looks fun so I'll give it a go.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Now out in the US. First release of this soon to be eventful week for the iOS. Looks great..and only $0.99 for the full unlock.

17. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    What else is coming this week?

Also got the free, will try, I *love* this selling model 1 IAP to unlock everything and everyone is happy.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dead Trigger, The Amazing Spider-Man, Kingdom Rush for iPhone, Fieldrunners 2, and tons of others. It's just hit after hit.

19. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I need a list of these things, I never know D::

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I never know either, lol. I just check the "Game Releases" thread in the game discussion thread every week. There are always a bunch of people telling us what's coming out soon there.