Star command 0,99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by ramzarules, Dec 29, 2014.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    This was the other game that i didn't like, and decided not to buy FTL. Since most of you in my FTL thread bought it and went crazy over it, i suggest you spend one more buck to get this too. This is my personal opinion, but i find them really similar, so here's the thread for you people :)

2. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I bought this a long time ago and well, it's an utter utter fustercluck of a game and really you cannot compare it to FTL, FTL is light years better in every way.

3. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Huh. I dont see why, as they both seem very similar to me, and both got high scores in TA, this is why i suggested it.

But if you played both, you obviously know better. I am curious however, what makes FTL so much better than this.

4. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Replayability and it feels like the player has more control over his destiny

5. OtherSilhouette

OtherSilhouette Active Member

Mar 12, 2014
    We could start with all the things the dev promised but didnt deliver. Regardless, I sill reel that this game is very complete. It would've still been nice to get in on all that extra content.

6. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Can this game even be compared to FTL? They both take place in Outer Space, that's about the only similarity.. I bought star command a while back and deleted it pretty quickly.. FTL is my favorite game on iOS, I highly suggest it.. Especially now that it's on sale :) :) :)

7. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    They both have the jumping to planets an modifying your ship to battle other ships. If someone would elaborate on the differencies that make FTL great and this not so (as i cant discern them from gameplay videos) i would have my curiosity satisfied and my itunes account maybe 5 euro less ;)

Qdiddy mentioned replayability. What else sets them apart so much? In gameplay videos they look the same type to me.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've played Star Command three times in a row and FTL for more than 2 months straight... They are very different games, aside from being both in space. If I were you, I'd buy FTL before it goes back to its normal price...

9. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm reinstalling star command now.. It's been months since I played.. All I know is that I deleted it rather quick while FTL will never be removed from my device.. It's silly how great the game plays on a tablet.. If you ever wanted to be the captain of a space ship I can't imagine a game that simulates it better than FTL. Get it and you won't be disappointed.. Just be ready to die and die often.. It's part of the fun :)

10. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    isn't this due an update at some point which will add a significant amount to the game?

11. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    i ended up buyin too..
    it's just 0.99$ nothing can go wrong with that ;p

12. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Implying you'll ever get the content people have asked for.