Pixamo, crowdfunding 12 games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sauce Digital, Nov 23, 2016.

?

Which genres would you like to see in the kickstater (vote for your top 3)

1. Pixel RPG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Land grab strategy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. World simulation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shape fitting puzzler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. (American) Football game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. multiplayer trading game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Golf game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. point and click adventure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Physics puzzler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Twist on tower defence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sauce Digital

Sauce Digital Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    #1 Sauce Digital, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Hi, This is Morgan from Sauce Digital

I'm going to be of doing a Kickstarter.com campaign to fund several new games. They will be released under the banner of a new studio, Pixamo. I'll be posting updates on this thread.

CURRENT QUESTIONS TO TOUCHARCADERS:
    * What games/genres would you like to see? Or not see?
    * Would you back it with this core reward?: "All the games are free for the first 48 hrs, with backers sent an email with a link to the store"? Some dedicated people might get a free ride, but most wont even know the game is live. (This seems to be the only way Apple wont have a problem crowdfunding)

Currently, the games I hope to Kickstart, are the following 13. Normal price $2.99 each, but backers get them all free (plus assorted extras) for $15

0. Meme Cats: The Kingdom of Rogue - Pixel style RPG adventure staring the best cats of the internet.
    1. Fiendish - Land Grab strategy game with Monsters and Robots.
    2. Zombie Football (Endless runner but played in segments (downs), special moves (throw ball at enemies) and multiple playable characters.
    3. Soccer Star - iMessage app turn based multiplayer.
    4. Nano Rally 2 - like the original, but more levels, better car customisation.
    5. Wakey Wakey - Physics puzzler, arrange a set of equipment per level, in an attempt to get the protagonist out of bed, and into the car.
    6. Nano Golf - Pixel style golf game, inspired by the classic Sensible Golf.
    7. Galaxia - Pixel style top down space trading game, make real transactions with other players, you own a planet with trading station, you can sell items at a price of you choosing based on manufacturing on your planet.
    8. Top Secret - Details TBC
    9. Pathogen Breach - As the viruses duplicate, zap them with your 4 lasers to save as many people as you can.
    10. Hexagone - Brainteasing puzzle game that tests planning and spacial awareness
    11. Zombie Salvation - Inverted tower defence game, where you are tasked to save the hoards, rather than destroy.
    12. Transcendence - Beautiful point and click game, full of wonderful characters, puzzles, adventure, woven into gripping story.

Concept art so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hello.
    On most fundraising campaigns that I've seen, that involved a solid or virtual product, (i.e.: games, Iap's... Etc) there were different levels (price points) with different and better rewards. (All Iap's, name credit in the gams(s) )

My suggestion is to have different tiers. You may possibly be able to get some funding from those who can not afford the $25.00. Every $5.00 helps... Right?? 5 of them make $25.00....
    Then again... There are some people that would say that having a lower price point could mean that someone that was going to pay the $25.00 might only give the $5. In my experience (or my friends' experience.. I've never created a campaign, but I plan to in the future for a couple of inventions and/or documentaries; unrelated to gaming.) more money has been raised with several price pints instead of just one.

Here are some ideas that I can think of at the moment. 'Take em or leave em'
    Keep in mind' these are just examples. And; since I am not involved in your campaign, I can only give general advice and/or comments.
    Also; giving names to the support levels has a psychological difference on choices at times. (One of my jobs or skill sets is analyzing businesses, games. Products, using psychology to help determine how to sell more or why a product is not selling based on human nature and psychology)
    See examples as well, below:

Casual Gamer: $2.00 - Choice of 1 Iap for free (by promo code, since Apple allows that now) on the next released game OR a promo code for the next free game before release. (Early release).

Gamer: $5.00 - All Iap's free on the next free 1 game released. (Or whatever the cost would be just below the actual price of all Iap's on the 1 free game)

Serious Gamer: $10.00 - Next 1 or 2 free game(s) an early release promo code plus all Iap's free on those 1. Or 2.

Awesome Supportive Gamer: $25.00 - all Iap's free in 15 games

Supportive Gamer Elite: $35.00 - All the above plus your name in the credits on game of your choice

Supportive Gamer Elite; Business: $50.00 (or $100.00) - All of the above plus Your full business name in 15 games??

Business Elite: $500.00 or $1500.00... (remember, these are just examples! LOL!!) - Your business name displayed with the developers name in the next 5 ??? Games. Example: By: Sauce Digital Reborn with support from XYZ Company.

Also; keep in mind... If you have too many choices (like I have here! LOL) that it can turn people off. When simplicity is taken away and there are too many choices, it sometimes causes people to wait because they want to think about the choices. Once they decide to think about and wait... You've lost them.

Hopefully this helps you. Again, just examples.
    If you decide to use some of them, or the format, I would appreciate my name in the credits.

Good luck!!

3. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    Lavender - awesome reply, thanks so much. Lots of great ideas, particularly the one above.

I'll take some to looks through and probably update my thinking :)

I will definately have a varirty of rewards available, the one mentioned was an example mid-level one.

This is a good idea, I have it in the plan already in a different guise. 3 top tiers would be to "sponsor" specific games, so the start/main menu screen might say "XYZ's Zombie Gridiron" or "Zombie Gridiron brought to you by XZY".

Thanks again for the help!

Oh and you win a promo code :) will PM you.

Morgan

4. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    My planned reward of "unlock codes" for all IAP has hit a snag. It appears Apple guidelines prohibit unlocking content not using IAP. So this kind of reward is not possible

So my question to toucharcaders, on a new strategy is:
    How do you feel about the main reward being all the games are free for the first 24 hrs, with backers sent an email with a link to the store? Some random people might get a free ride, but most average joes wont even know the game is live. Apple dont seem to have a problem with this.

5. Sauce Digital

Dec 30, 2008
    Managed to start putting together some concepts for Fiendish, Hexagone and Pathogen Breach. Click to enlarge.

Fiendish.jpg
    Hexagone.jpg
    PathogenBreach.jpg