Flaboo 1.10 beta testing

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dene, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    #1 Dene, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    Flaboo! 1.10 is imminent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Video

I've implemented OpenFeint leaderboards in Flaboo! and am trying to stress test the system. To do this, I require around 25 people as Beta Testers.

I will provide you with a special build of the game and the appropriate certificates allowing you to run it on your device.

So.

All you'll have to do is:

1) Provide me with your device's UUID like this.
    2) Download the game and certificate from a specified site, and drag them into iTunes, then sync.
    3) Create an Open Feint account (or log in with your usual one)
    4) Play the game at least once

If you're interested, I'd be really grateful if you could contact me via the contact address on my web site.

When you've mailed me, please add a 'mailed you' comment at the bottom of this thread so people have a vague idea of whether it's worth mailing me or not.

If you're just joining this topic and there's obviously well over 25 testers, please don't spam me thinking it'll make me add another 25. I will cry.

I'll check in again every 30 mins so I can close the list, and stop people getting too frustrated.

Thanks for your time, folks. The fat yellow chick and I appreciate it.

2. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    There are still places, folks.

Flaboo! is incredibly cute, strange and compulsive, and the leaderboards only make it better...

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I sent you an email :)

4. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    I have sent an e-mail at Your adress.

Best regards,

5. supermariofan

supermariofan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
  6. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Mail sent!

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Mail sent.

8. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    emailed you my info :)

9. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    I'm AFK for the remainder of the evening - there are still plenty of places available, and I'll get back to you all tomorrow morning! Thanks and keep the mails coming.

10. frenchiejnr

frenchiejnr Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Message sent

11. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    There are still places left! Roll up, roll up. You'll get something before everyone else does. And I don't mean a communicable disease. I mean something nice... um... although "Flaboo!" does sound like a severe sneeze.

Just send me a mail at dene[at]fluttermind.com and you're in!

12. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    People have tendency to take part in beta-tests of only those games, which look epic and have amazing, revolutionary graphic.

But it doesn't work like that - to call Yourself as a real beta tester You need to try everything, every genre of the game, every kind of. It is my opinion.

Besides... everyone needs a change, step aside of those high-end application, isn't it? :)

13. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Perhaps that's true, but Flaboo *is* a bit different.

It's not every day that someone steps down from the creative directorship of a multi-million dollar franchise like Fable to go back to his gaming heartland and code, draw and compose a game from scratch, and start a new company based purely on the belief that 'games should be better'.

I'm using everything I learned about design and game-craft over the last 25 years on Fable, Dungeon Keeper, at Bullfrog, Big Blue Box and Lionhead to make this the one of the slickest, most addictive, well-crafted games the platform.

Flaboo! is based on an experimental set of prototypes I did years and years ago designed to prove that you can make a game with only 1 button complex, deep and fun. A game doesn't have to be big or 3d to be artful, charming, or entertaining.

Fluttermind's aim is to raise the stakes and show how elegant and pleasurable a gaming experience on a mobile platform can be. But even more shocking than this, I'm genuinely looking for people to help make Flaboo! the #1 game on the App Store.

No, that's not insanity, nor hubris. It's a mission statement.

Over the coming months I'll be buying ad-space, talking to PR agencies I've worked with over the years and using all my experience and resources to prove that a small company such as Fluttermind can compete with the big boys.

Flaboo!'s going to get there one way or another, but - especially in these early stages - I do need the help of the community which I'm slowly learning, is at the crux of success on mobile platforms. It's also one of the reasons I chose to do this rather than stay on in my old job; to feel *personally* involved with the gamers and the creation process.

Sorry for the corporate-rally-speech, but I think it's important for people to know how much I believe in Flaboo!, and Fluttermind's success.

There are still places on the beta list - join and you'll be alongside friends of mine; folks from other massive game developers who love Flaboo! as much as me.

Thanks for your time. I'll go back to coding now. :)

14. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Last call for Flaboo! 1.10 beta testers.

Video here.

15. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Wow, let me just say that you´ve got a real Doodle Jump Killer here. Really addicting little game.