The Biggest Thing Mobile Gaming Needs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Im constantly searching through social medias, search engines, forums, gaming sites every week for the upcoming games coming the week of game releases.

I think the biggest thing missing is a gaming schedule release date calander.

Now I understand beta testing, Apple approvals, last minute pulls for bugs but it would be such a great thing to know what games are planning to come out within the year OR even just a month regardless the date changes.

I search hours every week to figure out what's coming out or even in production to be scheduled to come out and put together my own want list but it would be such a great add on for any web site to take their resources and try to put together some sort of monthly release calendar regardless if it actually does release or not.

2. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    I really think the list would be too much, considering there are so many apps released to the US App Store every single day, it seems. The bigger titles, or ones we anticipate would be awesome to see on a calendar, similar to how GameFAQs does their little take on "coming soon" or "upcoming releases."

Check out: http://appshopper.com/ - You can customize the search by different variables. It's about the closest thing I can get to finding new releases sometimes, outside of looking to TA.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is what I am saying. Not every single little game made but just a calander to make it so easy for this huge mobile community to look forward to having once a month.

I could see a company actually doing this and driving so much of us to the site just for this one feature.
    It would def take a lot of time so more than a few people would have to start it up for sure .
    I mean an entire site could be formed around this one thought .

So kick could be built around it entirely

4. 459Michael

459Michael Member

Feb 2, 2016
  5. rgbgamestudios

rgbgamestudios Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Engineer(Developer)
    This is almost impossible to cover given the sheer number of games released for mobile everyday.
    Most of the popular games are covered by the Press, but the not so popular ones/new developers is upto us to tell people that their game is going to be released(which is a hard lesson learned by me).

I mean it is free of cost to post in the upcoming games section of TouchArcade.

Best Regards,
    Ganesh

6. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Honestly, mobile games need more in-depth and professional reviews and criticism. I'm blown away at how little there is (aside from a few absolutely great reviewers on this site).

Professionals need to hold mobile developers accountable for the crap they put out, and they need to feel the sting. I say this with as much love as I can muster because I absolutely love indie projects, but when indie Steam projects come out there is literally no comparison to indie iOS projects (most of the time). When was the last time you saw an Undertale or Binding of Isaac (well, cleaner) come out on iOS first?

Professional game reviewers like Gamespot and IGN avoid iOS games like the plague but that is something that needs to change.

Can you imagine the console wars without mediators like Nintendo Power, Gamepro, and Game Informer? Can you imagine the console world ever taking off without companies like BradyGames or Gamefaqs, which basically profited off fan-service but ended up fueling an entire industry?