iEscaper! Hints/Tips/Guide

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by freedog, Jul 31, 2009.

1. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #1 freedog, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    This thread is made to post tips and hints to the new well-made but challenging escape-the-room game iEscaper!

2. imacdaddy

imacdaddy New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    almost done...

Does anyone know how to beat the end puzzle? I'm at the part where I need to escape without climbing out the window with the rope. I'm totally lost. Anyone know?

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have not yet got there, but in the app there is a web site that you can supposedly sign up for solutions. Did you try that?

4. Shermy808

Shermy808 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    USA
    I had the same issue. It gives you a hint along the lines of "Don't forget your sword." It is referring to an item you use in room #2. Unlike any of the other items you use in the game, you can retrieve it after having used it! So, the bad news is that you will have to start the game over from the the very beginning, room #1, in order to get it in room #2 and have it for room #3. There is no other way to end the game successfully. Talk about frustrating...

After you do that & make it back to room #3, DO NOT combine items in the same way that you did to get the false ending. If you do, you can not break them apart and will have to start from the very beginning all over again, regardless of having the item from room #2 that you need in order to end the game! Use your additional item (more than once) in room #3, and then assemble things differently in order to craft a more ingenious exit plan...

Hope this helps...

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    For everyone who's playing this, the color patches that you see will set you on the right path in terms of order for completing the mini-puzzles. I saw some comments on the front page article about the need to understand Asian characters, and really that doesn't have anything to do with it. It's all about the colors.

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Well actually the last puzzle of the first room makes you remember the charaters, the colors determine what order

7. melisunde

melisunde Member

May 18, 2009
    I've reached a point in the second room where there are four things that obviously need to be (or can be) done -- opening the safe in the floor with the monkeys, prying open the panel on the floor, lighting the candle, and removing the sword -- but can't seem to find anything new to do. I have a throwing star and a knife in my inventory and got frustrated to the point of thrashing in every possible area with both equipped. What should I be doing next?

8. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    pry open the panel on the floor with the knife.

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    omg thats it, y didn't i think of that:eek:

10. melisunde

melisunde Member

May 18, 2009
    That what I assumed you were supposed to do, but if I have the knife equipped and tap on the door it still says, "I can't use my hands but I might have a tool to pry it open." Is there a particular way to "use" the knife? On everything before this all it required was having the item equipped.

11. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    I think you have to tap on the side of the panel not in the center of it.

12. melisunde

melisunde Member

May 18, 2009
    Ah, and in a particular area of the side. Thanks so much.

13. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    yeah I just completed this game last night. All I can say is GOOD LUCK with rooms 2 and 3 because they can be very stressful...lol After you beat the game though you get a nice sense of accomplishment.

14. cog

cog New Member

Aug 6, 2009
    It appears that a rope is involved, but I don't have one--I keep look everywhere, but I can't seem to find it. Where do I get it?

15. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Okay im in the second room and i pulled the board up and had two ninja stars and combined them...what the heck do i do next:confused:

16. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    Hint: floor

17. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    wait i already pulled up the floor,

18. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    If I remember right there is a puzzle there.

19. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    What puzzle, there is only a hint. I think your thinking of the first room,im on the second where you use the kantana to climb the shelf

20. freedog

Mar 11, 2009
    did you get the frog yet?