How do i end the constant internet connection?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Seb, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Seb

Seb Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I live on earth.
    Hello I just got GodFinger and I have had We rule for a week.. My internet have become really slow when playing games on the computer I tried everything deleting the game turning wifi off on the iPod Touch but i still think they are sending data (the game) to my internet which lags my internet. How do i end the constant internet connection?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If you turned off wifi on the iPod touch, the connection is broken. The problem is likely your wireless router; the iPodTouch uses the 'g' wireless protocol, while your computer uses the much faster 'n' protocol. Most wireless routers are designed to switch to the protocol of the slowest device on the network (the most recent Airport router can actually handle both at the same time, but that's not very common yet). Theoretically, yours should switch back to 'n' once you turn off the iPodTouch wifi, but it's possible that it got stuck on 'g.' I would just reset the wireless router by turning it off an on (make sure that wireless on you iPod Touch stays off). Hope that helps.

3. Seb

Seb Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I live on earth.
    Hello, We do have a wireless router but I am using the wiried connection for the computer, soo?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Weird. Then I don't know what's going on. But I do know that your iPod is not connected to the internet if you turn of wifi. That's physically impossible.

5. Seb

Seb Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I live on earth.
    #5 Seb, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    No the thing I am just thinking about is when the first time you login it does find my network and keeps on using it even if i turn WiFi off on my iPod or?

Is this true?

6. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    No if u turn off wi-fi ur ipod doesnt have internet, try using safari on ur ipod with the internet off.. its something else... make sure your wireless has a password and u might have a virus as well (it could be using your computer as a launchpoint for DoS and Spam attacks, using your internet)

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    No, it isn't. The device needs the wifi to connect to your network. Once you turn it off, it's no longer using it.

8. Seb

Seb Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I live on earth.
    Thanks everybody, it might been my internet that was lousy yesterday.. thank you very much! You rock guys! :)