Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #8741 vicsark, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    Use iCloud (activate it in the PP settings menu) and log in on the same gamecenter account on the two devices, it should work flawlessly ;) if not try to exit the app, kill it in the taskbar and repeat.

I'm bringing out the big guns for Rio, dusted off Cloudliners hat were sitting in my hangar :)
    I got 2 Cyclones (1P, 1C) doing round trips Sao/Rio (no stopping in Rio)
    2 cloudliners in buenos aires (1P , 1C) dedicated to Buenos/Rio only
    And the same (2 more Cloudies) for Lima/Rio.
    for the other planes, no layovers, I just fill them with Rio jobs (Rio advertised) and send them when full.
    it's (too) easy, not having to care about layovers :)
    And I still got one Sequoia M sitting in each class 3 airport dedicated for Bux jobs only, I scroll the airport list if I'm on the mood but it's kinda boring

And whoever is on the 3rd place, add me (GC Vic Sark or give me your GC), I need 10 names in the leaderboard ;)

Attached Files:

2. Artanix

Artanix Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Wishing I had access to class 3 planes for this event, after 2 awkward events, this one is awesome :D

3. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    So iCloud syncing is possible and data will not be lost?

4. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #8744 vicsark, Nov 8, 2012
    yeah, I use it all the time between my iPad at home and my iPhone on the go.
    It sometimes takes a few tries.
    Exiting the app and killing it in the taskbar, then relaunch it helps if it doiesn't work.
    Just be sure to check you have the same number of coins and bux, and you're on the same plane on the 2 devices after the sync.
    And important, DON'T PLAY ON BOTH at the same time whithout having synced or you'll lose the progress on one of them (they use the XP to tell which save is the latest)

you may use class 1 or 2 planes on class 3 airports you know :D
    I'll see if I can send you a sequoia (they're at the bottom of my parts list, it's a long scrolling!)

5. Artanix

Artanix Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Aye I know :) Just makes me a sad panda seeing 10 jobs and only being able to fit 4-6 on the plane.

Thanks for the gift though, I'll just keep on plugging, only got 1.3 levels to go until 20 \o/

6. NuparuMahnika

NuparuMahnika Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Thank you very much sir.

7. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Who is at #4 with 1457 jobs? This is the only one with no name.

I got bored and needed a change. I'm restructuring and have downsized. Closed Tokyo, Shanghai, Seoul, Beijing, Tehran, Chicago and Los Angeles. Thinking about closing London and/or Paris. I also put stuff into the hanger and now have 9 empty airplane slots. :)

Send me a GC request at Faye Valentine QOH
    Edit: Nevermind, just noticed your GC at bottom of mesg & sent you request :)

8. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Looking at the leaderboard, I find it interesting how there isn't a "even" distribution of jobs among our members. Instead, #1-3 are way up there, then we have a bunch in the ~700 range, another group in the 5-600s, and then another group in the 2-300 range (where I currently am).

Perhaps it's an indication of our individual styles of play?

9. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    We have players for around the world, I like to think it is a time difference thing ... Explains why my ranking plummets when I wake up, cuz the Europe/Asia folks have been busy playing while I'm asleep. ^_^

But yes, I think you are correct about the playing style. :)

1. 2731 nokitano
    2. 2266 vic
    3. 2062 north
    4. 1457 ?????
    5. 1286 faye
    6. 1189 pondus
    7. 783 relharn
    8. 674 teodor
    9. 621 ?????
    10. 604 baconfats

I was mistaken ... I'm missing #4 and #9 ... Raise your hands so we know who you are. :D

10. BigSmart

BigSmart New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    New to this

Hey guys I am new here and really appreciate the forum provided for this cool game.

This is my 3rd event, dive trip to rio, and I can't figure out why most all my proper event cargo & passengers are not counting towards the 50 job goal?

I have unloaded full aeroeagles P's and C's dozens of times and a fogbuster M about 4 times and I am only showing 36 jobs completed? In the first few hours of the event starting it wasn't counting my jobs.

I tried only flying my loaded fogbuster M into Rio wondering if it only counted the job if a diver and air tank landed together but that had no affect on the job count.

Please help me to know what I am not doing right to get my jobs counted.

Thanks

11. Teodor2004

Teodor2004 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    #9 is Funkywoo. I came in here to ask who #4 is.

12. scott523

scott523 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Upper Darby, PA
    #8752 scott523, Nov 8, 2012
    I've been playing PP and looking over this thread for a while and I thought of an idea/feature that could be implemented. When waypoint airports are closed on long haul routes, I was thinking that maybe we could be able to send planes to it providing that the airport would reopen by the time it gets there. Yes? No?

13. tapringeta

tapringeta Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Hey, I was hoping you all would be able to help me. The game is not recognizing any of the jobs I have sent to Rio. I go to the flight crew and then it tells me that rank will be updated shortly. I have tried logging in and out of Game Center and closing the game down completely. Does anyone have any other ideas?

14. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome!

In my experience, there can sometimes be a fair bit of time between you delivering jobs to the event city and the leaderboard updating. Because it pulls the leaderboard figures off the server, your device has to communicate with the server, then wait for the server to update, then pull the info back off the server.

As long as you are connected to GameCenter OK, the jobs should still register and will eventually show up.

15. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm in the 700 range having played pretty hard and fast yesterday to make it to number #2 when everyone else was away. I've slipped way down now because of the whole sleep thing (I'm in Australia).

In addition to that, I just don't have the infrastructure to compete with the big guns anyway. I'm level 29 with 20 planes (six 1's, four 2's, and ten 3's), and have around 700,000 coins and 360 bux (I had over 700 but went on a Sequoia spending spree) so I'm more about positioning myself to grow whilst still trying to keep up on the leaderboard where possible.

16. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Hi everyone,

Is there any significance to all of these "sunken treasure" jobs?

Thanks!

17. green_paper

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    That's pretty darn good - I'm level 41 and I have 26 planes (14 sequoias, 11 aeroeagles, 1 mapple for this event), and currently ranked #13.

Given my fleet, does that mean I should be competing with the big guns? :)

18. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #8758 vicsark, Nov 8, 2012
    There are a lot of factors, but maybe seeing names in the leaderboard of TA1 encourages us to try to get past the next groups of buddies! :)

I am way more competitive with TA1 than for TA. I would have totally skipped Tiksi for example.
    I also now reorganize my fleet for each event if I want and have time for it, being Bux and planes rich and all :) that adds a more strategic aspect in your planes/airports managing.

Play style I guess is also about how you handle your available time for playing. PP is perfect for me for 10 minutes short bursts of play when possible. Or casually checking while looking at a tv series. Really depends.

So which ones do you keep now?
    I also did that after SD event (details in one of my posts a few days ago).
    I'm only playing now for global events and don't need coins.
    So I laid off half my Bitizens (closed 6 of 15 airports), and also changed my basic plane setup. Simpler is better :)
    Also now only Bux/event layovers!
    It's way way more convenient to adapt to global events :)

19. green_paper

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Agreed! When I was in TA, most of the time I'd just do 80 jobs or so, and even pass on the Bux only jobs. Didn't even bother with advertising... Now it's always a goal to finish in the top 10 even though I usually end up in the 11-20 range.

I was running 2 mohawks (P + C) between Sao Paolo/Rio... :eek: Replaced them with 2 Sequoias.

Yes, I really enjoy the strategy aspect because even though the goal for us higher level players is generally events competition + Bux collecting, the actual focus constantly shifts.

Which planes to use? How do I clear up the layovers in city x?

20. Artanix

Artanix Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I'm level 19 with 12 planes, only 1 plane thats class 3 (thanks vic :D) and I'm 10th atm, so yes, start playing :D