Angry Birds Star Wars (By Rovio)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Rovio has been very loyal I think to their customers. Look how many levels are in each of these game, and at a $1 price point each. I hope a redesign similar to how space was from the rest. Even if its not, still will gladly give them another $1. So far $6 for all there game with how much content? Can't beat it.

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    If you think about it, there also used to be an ipad version costing $5, then $3 for seasons, then again $3 for rio. That's 11. Also, IMO the game gets too hard in the end and it gets on my nerves.

3. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but I would expect people (like myself) to say what a stupid idea this is and how sick of Angry Birds they are (and Star Wars for that matter). It seems sad to me for Rovio to go with an old title/douche like Star Wars/Lucas. Seems like kind of a "loser" move...maybe the soundtrack will have some old hits by Rod Stewart too???

4. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I guess, but the $1 version works just fine on the iPad. If you spend the extra on the HD version seems more you really like it and find it worth it. Even then, still worth it.

I can completely understand its not worth it if you don't like the genre, but if you do, you can't beat the price to content. Also for difficulty, prefer it getting harder in the end personally, but can see your point as its considered a casual game.

5. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    And people say call of duty is being milked.

6. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Dafuq? ^^^

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    No worries, the spammer is gone. :)

8. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Don't be surprised if we end up seeing bad piggies "seasons", bad piggies " in space", bad piggies "rio", etc, etc, etc.

Yup, milk it until powder comes out of it's #^*%#*!:rolleyes:

9. rybred96

rybred96 Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Everything about the game aside...dude, did you just insult Star Wars!?

10. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Meh.. Greedo vs han debate is a stupid one any way.

Greedo shouldn't even be shooting at all. Han was a ruthless bounty hunter and now he is a selfless defender of the peace thanks to that scene alone lol.

Lucas doesn't give a monkeys any more about lore and coherent storytelling, used to be good when he approved fan fiction as lore and checked it first.

The new stuff contradicts lots of old stuff now.

Probably get this game though, I mean star wars is a universe by the people now as much as it is his, if not even more so and there is only so much damage he can do to it these days.

Angry birds star wars could be a good rip take though, will easily get this.

I wonder what the die hard fans thought during the 10 years there was no film and kept the franchise going, if they were told star was will be a game about birds. Just saying!

Day one purchase regardless. Still more good than bad in these programs and merchandise compared to lots of things out there :D

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally disagree. Star Wars is still HUGE, Clone Wars is very popular as well specially for kids, combining Angry Birds/Star Wars is a good idea as it'll sell bucketloads for the younger market.

Shows Lucas has still 'got it' as the Clone Wars has been so popular. I dont think the prequels were 'that bad', a lot of bad dialogue, some wooden acting and some dire moments but also some good ones.

I think Rovio know what they're doing joining forces with George Lucas far more than some kid on an iOS site.

12. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    +1 to this. All the better if they've been creative and added new mechanics or change things up like they did in angry birds space. Insta buy for sure especially if it's $.99.

13. schplurg

No, just Lucas pretty much. I said Star Wars is old...I loved Star Wars when it came out 100 years ago. I said Lucas is a douche...my opinion. What has he done since, besides ruin Indiana Jones, of course? ;)

My first impression was "can't they do better than that?" I mean Star Wars is a huge title, but...well it's older than most people on this site probably. Perhaps George Lucas owns Rovio? They both seem to be incapable of coming up with any new concepts, so that would explain a lot!

Having said all that, there's nothing wrong with milking a title. I think Rovio need to expand their horizons a bit...but on the other hand, maybe getting rich is their goal, not making new and groundbreaking games. I don't fault them for that. I wanna be rich too :)

What kid would that be? I'm sure it's a great money-move, just seems a bit lame to me. But that's cuz I'm old, not young haha. I'm sure thay had Star Wars in mind when they came up with "Space" in the first place. I mean the whole Space idea seemed odd to me until this latest version.

Then again, I may need to eat my words when I release "Daredevil Chuck Norris" ;)

14. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Wow... this Angry Birds business is getting out of hand... lol...

15. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    I think it is a smart move. All my friends kids that are 5-10 years old LOVE star wars (mainly from the cartoon series) and LOVE angry birds.

What I'm waiting for is Angry Birds Star Wars Lego - now that will be big!!

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    #36 Fastbridge, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Wow. That's a little harsh, Especially coming from another dev. If you could milk daredevil Dave like rovio does angry birds I can almost bet you would. And who knows, this might be awesome. And truthfully angry birds was way better of a game then dare devil Dave was. Just saying. Do your thing rovio. You got my purchase. I have a good feeling about this game, and I'm interested to see where they go with this.

17. Yeah, never in my dreams would I have believed that Angry Birds would bring up such colorful insights, almost Dead Triggerish, but interesting none the less. :rolleyes:

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I actually think (rather, hope) this will be a great game.

My fav Star Wars game is Battlefront 2 on the PS2 some years back. I did play Force Unleased, but it lacked a little something.

Star Wars is among my top 3 movie franchises (besides LotR and PotC), so I am having good hopes. Considering AB Space was actually good, I may not be so wrong after all./

19. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Arenot you making a sequel to dare devil Dave? Where's the originality in that? Your knocking a game that has out sold you a million to one. And truthfully I thought dare devil Dave was horrible. Dave should have been killed off in the first so maybe you would have done something different and original. And isn't evil kenievel your inspiration for this? If I recall he was in his prime just about when Star Wars was released or maybe even before then, so dont talk about it being old. You could only dream of having a collaboration with a company like Lucas arts , then just maybe ddd would actually be fun. I'm just shocked to see a post like that coming from another dev. Until your game sells millions of copies and sits on the top of the charts for years, then please don't knock rovio. They made a great decision with teaming up with Lucas arts and I'm super excited to get my hands on there game. And after reading your envious post, I would never think about buying ddd2. Which will prob be just as boring as the first.

"Dave, I am your father"

Attached Files:

20. schplurg

As I said,

"Having said all that, there's nothing wrong with milking a title. I think Rovio need to expand their horizons a bit...but on the other hand, maybe getting rich is their goal, not making new and groundbreaking games. I don't fault them for that. I wanna be rich too."

I simply stated my opinion, which is, in a nutshell, that Star Wars is old and stale and so is Angry Birds. At the same time, I don't fault them for wanting to make money. Sorry I upset you so much - I see you posted on my "Dave" thread as well. Daredevil Dave is not called Evel Knievel and I am not using his name to sell my game. If I could, and if I thought it would help, I might. Am I a hypocrite? Maybe, and I don't care.

We'll see...