The FreeAppADay.com App

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ICS Mobile, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #1 ICS Mobile, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
    The FreeAppADay.com App Makes Your App Wishes Come True!
    (free text messaging update coming live in July)

Sample List of Past Granted Wishes:
    *Shift
    *iBlast Moki
    *PuzzleQuest
    *The Creeps
    *Crush The Castle
    *Creamy Ice
    *Chop Chop Ninja
    *Battle Bears
    *Heavy Gunners 3D
    *Scarface
    *TowerMadness
    *N.Y.Zombies
    *Plushed
    *And many more top rated apps!

Only One Wish Allowed Per Day! So Make Your Wish and FAAD will work its magic to make your App Wishes Come True!

FAAD Also Displays The Best Paid Apps available on the App Store,especially the Hidden Gems!

The 100,000 strong and growing FAAD Community votes daily to select our Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze FAAD Awards which ensures that you will always be satisfied with your application picks!

The Endless App Search is Now over Your Free and Paid App Discovery Service is Finally Here!

-FAAD

Join The FAAD Community
    The Online FAAD Clan: www.FreeAppADay.com
    The twitter FAAD Clan:mad:Freeappaday

Attached Files:

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    You could have just made a Mobile site? - Also I like the UI Design.

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Will the text messaging be like textfree?

4. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    Yep+ some additional great stuff can't reveal just yet! ;)

5. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    how much does it cost :p

6. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    It's going to be Free!! ;)

7. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

Not having an interest in the peripheral stuff, just the information of when an app goes on sale or free for the day, is there a reason for this app?

I can find the sales and/or free apps information by this forum or appshopper, so not caring for the rest of the stuff, do I need this app?

Don't get me wrong, I understand you will use this app for gathering stats to show potential customers they should use your service but if I can get the information I am interested in, just strikes me as a waste of space on my device.

David

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    hi,

Appshopper is all I need. I dont want anyone to not let me know about ALL the games and apps going free or on sale, and only alert me about the ones they decide to feature. Appshopper works on my mac, iPhone, any other device which has a web browser. Not sure exactly who will find an app more useful instead. I think only those who arent aware about appshopper might find any real use for it. But then, there arent that many of them who are interested in iphone games going on sale and dont yet know about appshopper.

EDIT: Agree with you david

IMNS

9. Harpgliss

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

ImNoSuperMan, just nice to know I am not the only one with the same thoughts.

Not trying to bash, just expressing that I see no need for this, for me.

David

10. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    #10 ICS Mobile, Jun 14, 2010
    Well here's some reading for you: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/FreeAppADay/news.asp?c=21351

You probably haven't followed much what we do but here we go...Well the site is a user generated site, meaning we take the wishes from the faad community and we make the apps that are the most requested free! so if you look at the screenshots you will see a my wish section, this is a far more efficient way to compile the requested apps than having to go through all the email requests as well as all the requests from the site since the new system compiles all requests automatically. Also the app will come with free text messaging....

I hope that the explanation will makes a bit of sense to you. As usual just when the freeappaday site was initially launched this probably does not make much sense to you, but the site has given free apps to millions and helps hundreds of developers increase their sales (here's an example out of many: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/MouthOff/news.asp?c=20986 ) but again once things will be in place you will see the light for yourself, I just wish you would make this analysis for yourself...too bad you can't!

11. Harpgliss

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    #11 Harpgliss, Jun 14, 2010
    Hi,

ICS Mobile, last I checked, developers give their apps away, not you, you just charge a fee to developers to advertise the app being free, on your site.

To promote yourself as giving free apps to millions is a total distortion of fact.

I know this post is likely offtopic but when you post a falsehood, it needs to be pointed out, just be accurate in your statements, please.

As for your app, it is just another source for gathering stats for you to promote your site and service, correct?

Not trying to bash here but really, be accurate with your information.

David

12. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    i think the main point of this app will be the statistics (how many, what, when, where bahamba). They can send to their users notifications and reach with this even non twitter users easily

but for the service of FAAD the my wish section will be a cool thing, since they dont need a pencil and a paper any more to track down the wishes from the comments section and they have at the end of the day the wishes with graphs and all stuff in digital form without much work :D
    hope this wish thing will work.

@FAAD: would be cool if you would simply say, for instance hey stop wishing hook champ, they have a no sale policy and the app will never go free. Or canabalt or something like that.

13. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Well whatever you guys are bickering about, I'm eagerly awaiting this app. What is the point in not having it? Instead of being on safari on your iPod or iPhone, waiting for the site to load up with all of those app icons, you now have a totally user interface
    perfected app based off of the screenshots.

14. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Just to backup the FAAD guys from a developer standpoint...

Originally their model was a bit flawed in that developers had to pay for the add space... They now operate a rev share model whereby they take a percentage of the increase in sales revenue after the promotion for a month (so if sales don't increase then they get nothing)... Which is far nicer as it's essentially putting their money where their mouth is and showing belief in their "product" which I have a lot of respect for them for doing...

They are very successful in getting the viral effect going (much more so than a developer simply switching their App to free) - to put it into context we ran a promotion with FAAD for "Mirror Maze" - this got 150,000 downloads in 3 days.

In contrast when I made Future Racer free WITHOUT a FAAD campaign it got 3,000 downloads in 1 day (over 10X less than we got with the promotion).

So essentially it's a great way to get 100,000 of users talking about, and showing apps to their friends...

Granted it doesn't always lead to a massive increase in sales for developers; but sometimes it does... And either way it's a nice way to build up a bit of a fan base :)...

From a user point of view you can go on App Shopper. However the FAAD guys have built up a considerable audience which means they can approach developers and work out a deal to make it free for a day, and also they limit their App's to having 3 stars + before they will feature them on the site, which ensures quality from your perspective to ensure your not filling your phones with crap applications.

15. MikeV

MikeV Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    sub-contracting
    VT
    LOL who are you michael moore? Stuff costs money bud, if a website offers a service that advertises an app its going to cost money. Welcome to the real world, where free is just an illusion.

16. Natron

Natron Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Sales & Marketing / Commercial Real Estate
    Los Angeles, CA
    #16 Natron, Jun 14, 2010
    Uhhhhh lame brohan, so you know that you don't need this app before you download it, that's great! Im sure many are proud of you and your statment as I know I truely am. But why waste your time with your posting about it?? Not like it's a game you purchased with money and wernt satisfied, that I could see would be time worthy.

As for your little statment of justice, I nor any other person of enough intellegence to opperate an iPhone I would hope is not under the impression that freeappaday.com is compiled and maintained for charitable benefit to the poor iPhone user. It's a business. Even charity has a cost of doing business, it's why they ask for donations. I'm not seeing a request anywhere on it's site or upcomming app description asking gamers to donate money or developers to donate games leads me to conclude it's a business in hopes of turning a profit. (I know, how evil, right! Damn you capitalistic society!)

Stat and info tracking is crucial to display in any business to potential customers and how to attack a potential customer base. At least with the app you are given a service in return for your agreement to be a statistic. They obviously though can charge a fee and developers have done so because the service provided to them must help the developer boost sales more often than not. The new and price change section of this site which I use all the time is a tremendous resource I agree, but why the harsh attitude you displayed towards this i can't compute. Again it's free, your choice to download on device and if downloaded it's your choice to use, let stay on device, or go thru that oh so daunting and complicated task of holding down icon for app for 2 seconds, release, and push the black
    circle with x in middle.

It's cool to be critical, and for a game that costs money. I can be extreme in my thoughts when I have a negative impression of a game, and appreciate the same objectful thought in others. But complaining about a service that provides you free games and developers an outlet to expose their creations for a fee is just hot air cause it's in compitition with this sites new and pricechange section, YOUR stats show many only visit this site for that section, putting advertising revenue at stake. You and I'mNoSuper are beyond transpearent in your words and actions day after day after day.

---go ahead, edit to your liking and throw this post on the good professor's manifesto.

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i'm looking forward to this.

18. Harpgliss

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    #18 Harpgliss, Jun 14, 2010
    Hi,

Michael Moore, now that is funny.

My issue is, the developers give their app away, not FAAD, they just promote and get paid a fee for doing so.

Capitalism and making a buck is fine, distortion of facts, not all that fine.

As for the post by Natron, seriously, you going after someone for having an opinion?

My point, developers provide the app, free or otherwise, not FAAD, get that clear.

David

19. Andrewo

Andrewo Member

Jun 14, 2010
    guys relax,
    love the free apps.
    you dont need to
    pay for the good games!!
    i love the freeappaday

20. ICS Mobile

Aug 1, 2009
    Trust me, it's been driving me crazy as well. But surprisingly lately some of the "untouchables" have been contacting us directly so who knows ;).

I am still pretty "green" with the forum format so as far the "negative" comments from the folks who don't understand what we are trying to achieve, I came to the realization that in this world some will get it and some won't and now I understand why some people create "ignore" lists :).

Bottom line what have these people created that makes millions of iPhone/iPod users happy to get a top quality freebie on a daily basis and at the same time makes top notch developers increase their revenue?

These individuals should re-direct their energy towards creating systems that helps everyone involved in the process. There is a full team behind freeappaday, we also need to stay at the forefront of the market by creating new products and systems, and some people call this process "investment" such as the faad app and free text messaging.And guess what these investments will help more people get the free stuff and it will also help more developers generate more income...

Everyone involved in the process benefits that's the beauty of the platform, the gamers, the developers and faad.