Neuroshima Hex & Neuroshima Hex Puzzle on SALE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

Neuroshima Hex

Portal Games
    Control an army struggling for survival in the post-apocalyptic world. Choose one of the 4 unique factions—Moloch, Borgo…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $5.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Control an army struggling for survival in the post-apocalyptic world. Choose one of the 4 unique factions—Moloch, Borgo, The Outpost, The Hegemony—and defeat your opponent in tactical warfare. Play solo against an AI opponent or against a human player in an asynchronous cross-platform multiplayer mode. Prove that you have what it takes to survive: March with the machines of Moloch, leading its army toward setting the new world order. Become Borgo and unite the forces of the mutants who spread terror in the wastelands. Lead The Outpost, humanity's last and only hope, and try to beat the machines in against-the-odds guerrilla warfare. Be the boss of The Hegemony, a land of gangers uncaring about the fate of others, living only for violence and their mad entertainment. Neuroshima Hex is a fast paced, tactical game for 1 or 2 players based on the well known tabletop board game by the same name. The game has been published in 8 languages and enjoyed by fans all over the world. Throughout the years, it has been steadily developed by Portal Games, and now offers as many as 19 different armies. In May 2007 Neuroshima Hex was awarded a special jury distinction for the Best Polish Designer Game published in 2006. FEATURES - Official Neuroshima Hex game with original artwork - 4 different armies with unique strategies (other armies will be made available for purchase with future updates of the app) - For 1 or 2 players - Asynchronous cross-platform multiplayer mode - 3 AI difficulty levels - In-game tutorial & manual - Tons of gameplay - Easy to learn, hard to master Previous version of the Neuroshima Hex app gained a lot of recognition: AWARDS: "iOS Game of the Year" Game Shark "Best Card/Board Game - Runner Up" TouchGen PRESS QUOTES: "With great production values the board game has been translated to perfection." TouchGen (9/10, Editor's Choice) "Would I Buy Again: Absolutely." What's On iPhone (9/10) "Neuroshima Hex is a board game that almost seems like it was destined for the App Store […]" App Spy (4/5) "Neuroshima Hex is hard not to recommend" Games Uncovered (Grade: 'Great') "Creative game world; deep strategy" Slide To Play (3/4) "It's a deeply satisfying game that forces you to have a tactical mind in order to win, and it's incredibly fulfilling when you do." GameZebo (4/5)
    Information
    Seller:Portal Games
    Genre:Board, Strategy
    Release:Sep 17, 2010
    Updated:Jan 03, 2024
    Version:4.27.16
    Size:172.6 MB
    User Rating: (28)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Neuroshima Hex Puzzle

Portal Games
    Still not tired of scraping evil machines, shooting raging mutans, facing bloodthirsty gangers and anihilating human kin…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Still not tired of scraping evil machines, shooting raging mutans, facing bloodthirsty gangers and anihilating human kind – or what’s left of it? So come on and continue your journey in the world of Neuroshima Hex. This postapocaliptic world is still full of struggle and troubles. Lead your troops and try to solve the worst case scenarios found on the wastelands’ battlefields. And remember: In Neuroshima Hex Puzzle no one cares to hear you scream. Neuroshima Hex Puzzle is a single player campaign set in the world of Neuroshima Hex. Use your strategic skills to lead your troops to victory and find your way out from 100 hopeless battle situations. No AI. No randomness. No luck factor. Only you, your enemies and a lot of tactical planning. FEATURES - 100 (yes, one hundred!) scenarios to solve - Official Neuroshima Hex armies & artwork - In-game tutorial & manual - Long hours of exciting gameplay - Universal application (iPhone, iPod Touch, Retina, iPad) - Game Center support
    Information
    Seller:Portal Games
    Genre:Board, Puzzle
    Release:Mar 18, 2011
    Updated:Oct 21, 2011
    Version:1.1
    Size:56.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Simply MUST HAVE!!!

2. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    This game is really fantastic. A co-worker and I are waiting for online play to get added.

In addition, it looks like the in-game army purchases are down to 99 cents as well.

What does it mean "no AI" on the puzzle? I've been tempted to get the puzzle one.

3. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Down again!!

4. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    This has gamecentre based multiplayer?

5. SSquared

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Multiplayer is set for a future release. Possibly December. Whether it will be game center, Bluetooth, or local wifi, I'm not sure. For now, it's pass and play.

6. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Will keep an eye out for multiplayer over Gamecenter.

7. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    on sale through Sunday

Neuroshima Hex $2.99 (normally $4.99)
    Neuroshima Hex: Puzzle $0.99 (normally $2.99)

neuroshima hex has an update coming next month with online asynchronous multiplayer

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    woohoo!!! Missed the last sale, but not this time... Just snagged it, and it's downloading onto my iPad now... woohoo!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

9. sunoxen

sunoxen New Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Are the expansions on sale as well?

10. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    yes

New York army $0.99 (normally $1.99)
    Neojungle army $0.99 (normally $1.99)

11. sunoxen

sunoxen New Member

Mar 17, 2012
  12. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    #12 sladeums, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. sladeums

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    dev said :
    :)

14. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    For someone who never heard of this game til now but just read though the manual and played some, are the 2 iap worth it? Well... I guess what do they add really that makes it worth it. Thanks

15. Makaze

Makaze Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    The iap in Neuroshima Hex are 2 additional armies which each have their own quirks. There are 4 armies when you start out so if you enjoy playing the game, its definitely worth it to buy the 2 additional armies to make the game even more interesting.

16. SSquared

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    The two extra armies really do add new strategies to the game. I really like the New York army. Seems more focused on ranged. Each army contains new tiles with enhancements not available in other armies. Once I felt comfortable with the initial four armies I bought the extra ones and they have made me rethink strategies on both offense and defense. So I definitely feel they add to the game.

If you do buy the game, there are still some great times with the four armies.

17. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Yeah I'm still trying to learn strategies with 4 armies... my brain would explode with 6. =)

18. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    Zombie Thread

Sale is live again ...

19. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    post-apocalyptic zombie resurrects thread

Sale is live again !

20. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Nabbed the pack of five armies. I'm waiting for an update to add more armies so they can create a second army bundle to buy.