Looking for a good MMORPG/RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MacEleven, Dec 1, 2015.

1. MacEleven

MacEleven Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Hey guys new to the forums. I am looking for a good MMORPG/RPG game it can be paid or free for my iPhone 5s. If I could get any help that would be very awesome. Thanks guys hoping to get some help. Thank you all.

2. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Angel sword looks good but the multiplayer I not so good.
    There is no internet requirement

3. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    Thanks I'll check it out any others?

4. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    A big one order and chaos 2
    And my favorite

Dungeon hunter 4
    - multiplayer
    Pop
    Co-op
    And the best part there is alengthy offline campaign
    No need for in app purchase

5. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Dh4 is free but it's far from being a cash grab game.
    If you are looking for timers and no reAl time multiplayer try DH5

6. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    I'm trying to find one where people still play online and stuff but I'll check it out. Only got walking get nomans land and super boys right now.

7. itsLDN

itsLDN Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 29, 2015
    RPG Grinder
    London
    Been looking for some good RPGs for awhile now. Nothing has quite filled the void and I've tried a whole bunch. Ideally I want something you pay for once. Lesabel was a good go, might be worth trying out that one.
    Ravensword Shadowlands passed some time but it just felt like there wasn't much to do. Even the expansion area seemed unfinished which was highly disappointing. Just got Evhacon so I'll give that a go, although Aralon forge and flame is set to be released tomorrow so might focus on that instead.

8. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    I just want a good game with the ability to play it over and over with no freemium in it. When I was little I was really into Diablo 2 Starcraft stuff and I want a good medieval kind of RPG

9. itsLDN

itsLDN Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 29, 2015
    RPG Grinder
    London
    #9 itsLDN, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Lesabel might be something you're looking for. There looks to be no support for it and frustratingly there are a few bugged quests. It's one of those things where it is so close to what I was looking for but just missed the margin. Not sure on price but possibly worth checking out, even if it's just YouTube.

The new Aralon has just hit the market this morning so that could be a contender, I have yet to open the app so can't comment. Looks promising though.

Otherwise I've recently been playing battle heart legacy, not too bad but I hear the end is a little blah.

If you're up for something like baldurs gate, there's IWD, BG1 and 2 or Avadon and the Avernum games

EDIT: Been playing the new Aralon all morning. Feels like a good game, although there seems to be a few bugged quests that need fixing. Had one NPC attack me only to find out he's kinda important for a subquest a short while later. Go talk to the informant at the bar? Yeah... I kinda killed him dead already... My bad.

Also I noticed an issue earlier with my character name wiping out and defaulting to the standard, seems to have fixed itself by completing the first part of the story without exiting/minimising the app. Fingers crossed I haven't jinxed myself.

10. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Good luck playing this on an iPhone 5S.

11. MacEleven

Nov 27, 2015
    Thanks for the info I'll check them both out. Appreciate it for sure.

12. YARRRRR

YARRRRR New Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Here is what I recommend, of course you should see videos or reviews for yourself first before buying. These are all premium, some have iap but none have paywalls or timers and such. All fully enjoyable without controller, although some are even better with it. I will try to mention games that have not already been mentioned here.

Secret of Mana - easily 1 of my top 3 fav games regardless of platform, benefits most from controller due to menus interface (and you will need to go to the menus frequently).

The Shadow Sun - most underrated game in appstore in my opinion. Good setting, decent story, some moral choices, multiple ways of completing most quests (and you actually get rewarded if you are persuasive enough to avoid fights). Classless system is a win - I don't think I ever put that much thought into leveling up. If you want to approach enemy in stealth, backstab him, then stun with a hammer, freeze him with magic, gain distance and finish him off with arrows - this is the game.

Legend of Grimrock - needs no introduction.

GTA San Andreas - needs no introduction.

Knights of the Old Republic - needs no introduction.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - kind of an rpg in terms of progression and upgrading, no story though. Easily 100+ hours of stuff to do if you like the game. Does not work on iOS9

Oceanhorn - some call it a Zelda rip-off, I prefer to think of it as of an honest and faithful love letter to Zelda.

Little Big Adventure - needs no introduction.

Bastion - awesome looking, sounding and playing game. One of the best action RPGs ever in my opinion. Story on rails though.

Transistor - same as Bastion.

The Bard's Tale - a solid game in itself, also full of self-awareness and game-related satire.

Mage Gauntlet - very fun action-rpg with awesome battling and controls. Character development is not very flexible and the story is linear, so not sure everyone will agree this is an RPG. A great game never the less.

Sorcery! series - technically gamebooks but mad those feel soooo RPG, at least to me.

Rimelands: Hammer of Thor: not a universally acclaimed one, and there were some complaints about random elements in combat system (which is fresh and original), but wise character builds play good regardless of that random.

Ys Chronicles 1 - action RPG that is not a corridor-type. It has open world, unique and fun (to me) battle system, awesome sounds, hard bosses, and you really need to explore the world speak to people and try stuff out if you want to finish the game. No quest markers, no minimaps - the game is not holding your game. Awesome experience, to me it is one of the masterpieces.

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Battleheart Legacy is a fantastic RPG
    No multiplayer though
    There's quite a few classes and you can mix and match skills for great combinations
    Check it out!