Best tower defence games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by userfume, Dec 31, 2010.

1. userfume

userfume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Hey everyone what are the BEST tower defence games? I have plants v zombies and Creeps! Are there any other suggestions?

2. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    bloon series is no bad choice if you like cute style

3. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    I am a fan of defense games maybe you should try fieldrunners, Sentiel 3:Homeworld, IBomber Defense, Epic War TD, AutoRobot TD, Blighted Earth, Mach Defense those are all i purchase im hoping more to purchase more but those are all pretty good:] i hope this helped.

4. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    ElementalMonsterTD by Hudson is a good older one.

5. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Defense is still on sale for $.99 but I don't know how much longer. It's a pretty decent TD, make sure you grab it soon if you want to get it cheap.

6. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    Oh yes i have that one too it is a good defense game i recommend too:]!

7. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Sentinel 3 is the pinacle of the genre. The rest of the series is worth picking up as well, but the third game will keep you playing for a long time. Past that, I considering Elemental Monster TD, Star Defense, and The Creeps to be high quality and a lot of fun. Tower Madness is ok, and Mikado Defenders has a good style but not a lot of longevity to it. If you are willing to try something a little harder, Space Station: Frontier (by the same developers as the Sentinel series) has a lot in common with TD games, but is much more challenging.

8. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Bloons TD 4 ;)

9. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    In no particular order:

Defender Chronicles, Bloons TD, ElementalMonster TD, Sweetwater Defense (underappreciated!), 7 Cities, GeoDefense (and GD Swarm), TowerMadness, Zombie Attack Second Wave, BioDefense

I’m also liking Mikado Defenders, except I’m completely unable to beat even the first level... which makes me hold back judgement :) It may be necessary to grind your commanders some (which is true of Defender Chronicles in a big way).

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Defender chronicles. Still ranks in my top 5 games.

11. sikander

sikander Member

Dec 31, 2010
    defender chronicles rocks .My fav too.

12. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    PvZ is all you need!

13. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    geo defence ftw.
    I really like the look and feel of the series! Its a hard one though

14. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Different strokes for different folks.

Plants V. Zombies is the king of horizontal-row shooters.
    Geo Defense and Sentinel 3 are both gorgeous "track" TDs,
    Defender Chronicles feels a lot like a flash game, and is a very unique TD due to its layout.

And let's forget all the 3D tower-defense games out there, or the rather interesting "Space Station: Frontier (Origin8 makes quality TDs)."

You could purchase all of these TDs and still get a new experience with each one.

15. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Deja vu thread.

Plants vs Zombies, Sentinel 3 and Monster Feed are the best IMHO

16. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

Dungeon Defenders has consumed my iPad life since it came out. I think Starfall is the best TD game that hasn't been mentioned yet (and one of the best period). iBomber, Monster Feed, and The Battle for Hothead are also great.

17. sikander

sikander Member

Dec 31, 2010
    #17 sikander, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
    Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth Defense is till one sale . I recommend it to everyone befor it goes out of sale .

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #18 syntheticvoid, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
    Dungeon Defenders is really my favorite TD game in the AppStore... The amount of content is mind boggling. If you've got a device that can run it, I HIGHLY recommend you nab it. Other than that, The Creeps is the first TD game I ever got, and it's been on my iPod since I got it, and is on my new iPod as well... I've been playing it for over a year now... So I still consider it one of the better TD games. Sentinel 3 is also one that I don't think will ever leave my iPod. I started off with Sentinel 1, and each one has gotten better and better...

Space Station - Frontier is also a good one, different from most of the TD games out there... You defend your space station from enemy ships while collecting ore or something from the rocks floating around the station... Then there's plenty of items to buy and upgrade, also with an endless mode, which is always nice in a TD game.

**edit**

Sorry I didn't see that you already have Creeps... =oP

It's early! Also I know almost all TD games have an endless mode, but Space Station is my favorite endless mode game... Just something about it, it's got that spark that keeps me glued to my iPod for hours and hours.

19. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Geo Defence Swarm is a good one.
    4Towers is another one although is quite hard.
    Crystal Defenders
    Fieldrunners
    Knight Defence
    Sentinel games. (All 3 of them)

Dungeon Defenders is a tricky one. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPod 4th Gen and it runs like crap on both regardless of the settings slider. Frame rate dips are so bad sometimes that you can pretty much count them. IMO there are better games in the genre to spend your money on.

20. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Star Defense is worth a look. I believe there is a lite version.