Universal Lili - (by BitMonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh well, I cant find Redgum anywhere... Anyone has the same problem after updating?

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I found Redgum immediately, and I updated before I found him.

I just finished the game, and I think the ending was one of the most satisfying of any game I have ever played. Having a last word from a lot of the main characters you interacted with throughout is a brilliant touch and gave a lot of emotional closure. Props to the devs.

And more props for the humor throughout the game. A lot of time in games like this, I want to skip past the dialogue, but I always looked forward to talking to characters throughout the game. In fact, my least favorite part of the game (which I did still enjoy) was the flower plucking. Exploring the beautiful worlds was absolutely the highlight, with the humorous characters right on its tail.

Well done, BitMonster basement dudes. I am thoroughly impressed.

3. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I would love to hear what's next from the developers. Lili imho has got one of the best pacing. Not too long a game. Didn't feel draggy at all. 5 to 6 hours to complete.

4. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    New update yet still no gamecenter which was promised

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Discard my last comment, now Im in front of the mayor... dying to see that ending :)

6. DantBro18

DantBro18 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Same here I've been waiting since this came out,every time I see a notification of an update I'm always disappointed.#

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Either a bot, or a retard. :D

8. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished!

Good: Good graphics, great control method, nice fighting mechanic, made for iOS. Great story mode with many boss fights, defeated them all :D Took me almost 7 hours to complete it.

Bad: Lack of GameCenter and some bugs that went away after the update.

Conclusion: A differet and engaging RPG that has its own unique things going to it. I loves it from beginning to end.

Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5

9. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Whatever was done with Redgum may have created a glitch rather than fixed one. On my save, with all spirits defeated, Redgum randomly appeared in town without me rematching and after I beat him, I was again given the quest to check in with someone about it. Thing is, when I talk to that NPC, it doesn't resolve the quest.

10. bretcobrageek

bretcobrageek New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I'm stuck fighting the mayor. I put it on kid difficulty fairly early in the game so maybe I just stink. But I've fought the mayor 20 times and never gotten more than 5 flowers. I have 3 bars of grip and the 2 bar grip bracelet thing, but he does so many bombs that I can never get close to beating him. I even get streaks of 10 and 20 and still don't get past 5 flowers.

I'm about to delete it because I'm tired of getting beat on kid mode. What am I missing?

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Since the latest update movies are not playing properly. You hear the sound, but the screen is pitch black.
    Quite surprised no one else has mentioned this so far?

12. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    IIRC, Redgum and the other 4 mill hill spirits are WAAAY harder than the Mayor. Mayor was really easy. I think you just have to focus.....pluck the bombs off one by one.

If anything, go to normal mode, and back to kid mode.

13. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    ...and now I am even more surprised as not one single individual with an iPad 3 has responded thusfar?
    Meh.
    Reinstalling it is. :confused:

14. bretcobrageek

bretcobrageek New Member

Nov 11, 2012
    I have and iPad 3 and I see exactly the same issue at least with the intro movie.

Good idea on switching to normal and then back to kid difficulty, but it didn't make any difference. In fact it might've been a little easier on normal. Maybe I should try hardcore next. Anyone else see this problem? Or am I just inept?

15. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    You may well just be! ;)

16. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    New update yet still no gamecenter integration. Bought this game cause the developer promised to add it in one of the first updates. Lesson learned I guess...

17. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Still could mean it's coming. Likely they had more pressing matters, like making the last section of the game more fun.

18. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I just punched buy button in iTunes :) for 0,89 cents is nobrainer.

19. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

I hope they can add iCloud sync.

20. Wow, great game! Glad I got to finally play this. It looks so great on my new ipad, and the controls are wonderful.

So glad I picked this up on sale. Wowzers!