Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. turkgames

turkgames Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    Most of the games turn out to be not good or deserve the price we pay lately. AC3: Liberation and NFS:MW was cool but if they charge 40$ and even 50$ for games then they should release AAA games with better graphics or Vita sales will not go up. I also don't understand why Gameloft doesn't release their latest games like A7 and MC4 for Vita as well.

2. If you don't think they're worth the money, then just don't buy them. It's funny that you mentioned Gameloft when Asphalt Injection and Dungeon Hunter Alliance are probably the biggest offenders. $7 on iOS, $15 on PS3, and $30 on Vita. No thanks.

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    It might take gamecards with more space before we see what the vitas really capable off I kind of suspect that might be the limiting factor as the Vitas actually got two very big advantages over the PS3 in hardware.

To explain myself the Vita has double the Ram and a GPU that's about 20% more capable than it's big brother, the PS3 does have the cell processor though so it's still ahead but not by as far as most people think and it's debatable how much the cell is actually used in games.

I do think we need less b-class developers taking titles in the meantime.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    II read in an article about the development of NFS vita that apparently the devs had to cut back on some stuff because the vita wasn't as powerful as they originally thought.

5. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I suspect they just haven't it all figured it out yet it's their first Vita title and it takes time for developers to get the most out of things, I think the Vitas plenty powerful for a handheld although if it's like the PSP we probably won't see it's best until near the end of it's life.

I'm mostly happy with the titles so far, just think a few of them were given low budgets and rushed.

6. turkgames

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    I don't say that they should release at that price but they can release them for like 10$ and I'm sure they can get some good. Playing MC4 is hard on a touch screen phone. I am expecting much more graphics now cause Apple started to speed up the business with iPhone 5 and iPad 4 yet still iPad 3 exclusive games didn't release yet :D

7. Trunks

Trunks Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    USA
    The current US release date is 12-18-2012, the original release date was 11-11-2012 but it was pushed back. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm very excited for this game, I've had it pre-ordered since October.

8. #3769 Haruhi, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    The Vita version has all of the content from the PS3 version and is priced at the same price as the vastly inferior 3DS version. Not a bad deal despite some visual downgrades IMO. Also, some levels tend to look better than others.

[​IMG]

Edit: Wait, NFSMW on Vita doesn't have lens flare? Did I play a different game from you? I thought the lens flare in NFSMW was almost excessive...

9. Fair enough, although I'm personally still amazed by what the Vita can do graphically. Just to clarify about NFSMW, are you comparing the lens flare effects between the PS3 and Vita versions? I only own the Vita version, and I felt the lens flare was overwhelming to the point that the brightness would cause me to crash at times.

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Game looks good to me, day one digital purchase.

11. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    #3772 tygamr, Dec 6, 2012
    I disagree. MC4 has really great looking textures (probably better than what you'll see in console CoD games), but it is still has a polygonal look (some things look good, like drones and guns), and they take a lot of shortcuts to make the game look like it does (no actual smoke or water effects, etc.- but it does have nice particle effects). Animations aren't great either. It honestly really doesn't impress me much, and you can tell it's a phone game. Might be able to mistake it for computer game from 2006. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it has a kind of flat(?) look to it. I can name a handful of Vita games that look better than this.

Honestly, I can't really see a huge difference between the PS3 and Vita versions of Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. Looks better than almost any iOS game I can think of.

12. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Unrealistic to expect current console graphics that's not to say the Vitas not an awesome bit of hardware it is as far as I'm concerned sony did everything right except for the memory cards and unchangeable battery.

Like I said a page ago I think the amount of storage space used for games is a big limitation (made worse by Sony charging developers by filesize on PSN) although I'm sure eventually that will get better with bigger cards etc

I also think the PS3/360 have been about for long enough that developers know how to get the absolute best out of them, so even if the Vita was equal in power games still wouldn't be as pretty.

13. turkgames

May 1, 2009
    Student
    Ankara
    Now iPad 4 have the better GPU then Vita, do you think companies like Gameloft can catch it in graphics?

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #3775 Teknikal, Dec 6, 2012
    Revised my opinion after reading more, I think it would be tough but the A6x is certainly capable graphics wise, I'd still prefer the Vita for playing games though and it's hard to guess at how much of an impact the iPads retina screen has on the GPU. My guess is their probably about equal taking into account the Vitas quad core CPU.

What would worry me is if Apple came out with something like this Android device

[​IMG]

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

16. From what I've read, the iPad 4 uses a modified version of the Vita's GPU iirc. However, the iPad 4 also has to push many more pixels, so there theoretically shouldn't be a huge difference in graphics.

17. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just read most wanted is getting a DLC called Ultimate Speed pack no clue what it will cost but it's supposed to contain the following

If the price isn't that bad I'll probably buy it as I quite like most wanted now.

18. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Price is $10,but it didn't specifies if it's for the Vita or PS3.I think it's a huge price tag.I would say $3 is a more appropiate one.

19. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Most PSN DLCs are $10-$15 nowadays, which is usually way overpriced IMO.