Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. XcomboX

XcomboX Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Take care of dogs & kick ass at games!
    Only inconvenience with this update that I can think of is that having the belt skill for quest doesn't let you complete the quest.
    I have to take the belt off and equip as a skill.

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Yakov Smirnoff riposte equals unquestionable asskickery.
    I'm a fan of El Reflecto.

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh, woops.

4. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    Haha not a big deal to me though. I usually just skip all the power quest so I can keep playing nonstop. Just wanted to let you guys know the issue though.

5. ikaruga

ikaruga Member

Aug 21, 2010
    What are peoples' impressions of Spartan Mode, so far ?

6. Fakingmysuicide

Fakingmysuicide Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Fairbanks, Ak
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but in spartan mode I had an unnaturally long hallucination session. Those buggers stayed with me for 5 or 6 level ups, anyone else experience this?

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Update owns. Has Quest Mode been tweaked in terms of difficulty and/or scoring?

Seems slightly harder now and scoring seems lower—I had a 100 punch combo that I think netted me less points than before. Just wondering.

Thanks in advance for any info.

8. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    #1808 Madgarden, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    Fakingmysuicide, seems to be a bug that's been reported, yeah.

Guise, no the scoring hasn't been touched. The only thing that's changed there really are the quests themselves... some changed/reordering, some new.

9. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    After xcombox's 2 week disappearance...HE HAS CLAIMED HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE TOP!
    Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
    #BestInTheWorld

Attached Files:

10. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Can kepa or madgarden ans my ques?

11. BStu78

BStu78 Member

Nov 19, 2012
    You can actually do the quest. You just won't see progress on it. I got the Shieldbuster quest with the belt on the whole time.

12. Someone already answered your question. Whenever you make an IAP you receive a "mystery item," an exclusive hat only available through IAP. So even though you're donating to the devs, you're still receiving an item.

13. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Ah I must have missed it. Thanks a lot!

14. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I am saving up for Spartan Mode. Halfway there. Do you guys like it?

The Ultra Belts are gonna take a bit of grinding. Something to do while hanging out with the fam over the holiday.

My fav Tier 2 power is Discocut.

I haven't encountered the new boss yet...

15. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    The Ultra Belts are gonna take a bit of grinding. Something to do while hanging out with the fam over the holiday.

Make sure you play this song in the background:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-InO3RI4F0

16. XcomboX

Nov 4, 2012
    This isn't a complaint, more of a question or suggestion.
    Is there anyway you could make the task of the app stronger? If that makes sense.

Cause sometimes I'll pause and reply to a text, and go back and the whole game starts over.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How resistant an app is from being lost from memory when you multitask is usually dependant on the memory footprint of the app. I would have imagined that Punch Quest doesn't occupy much memory (even graphically intensive games such as Ravensword: Shadowlands, SFxT, TWEWY, AC:R, Horn and IBII allow me to at least surf and reply to texts in succession without loosing progression in the frozen app on my iPhone 4), but there are, of course, many factors that influence this. And some apps do cause memory corruption and other strange behavior thanks to peculiar coding. Some other can be made less cumbersome with extensive re-coding.

But often, there is not much a developer can do to reduce the memory footprint of a game.

18. Seems like Discocut seems to be very popular. Might have to try it out when I get my Power Slam belt. I'm also interested in how it will hold up against Steam Buster, Shieldbuster and El Reflecto.

I was really anticipating it before the update was released and made sure to save up enough to buy it. Unlocked it, used it once and hated it. I seem to have a particular aversion to "activated" skills such as Bam Grief, Bull Rush, Air Wolf etc.

I find whenever I use an "activated" skill, I subconsciously try and use it when I don't need to, which puts me in stupid situations. I find myself blocking against a single skeleton instead of punching it because, hey, why not use the cool new skill I've got?

19. Fakingmysuicide

Fakingmysuicide Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Fairbanks, Ak
  20. Aye-Beast

Aye-Beast Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Ahh scores too high! Discocut is essential to how I play. Before thunder punch my set up was hungry man/ discocut /knuckle circle. It's essentially the most defensive set up I could come up with. Well until now with the belts. Now I want a discodunk belt and a quick slam hat.

Question to the non discocut users how do you deal with situations where there are skull squids above you and wraiths in front of you? It seems like if you just sit there and block an Orc or something will join the mix and make it impossible to not have to take some damage.