Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. NZCanuck2011

NZCanuck2011 Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Every Dragon?

I've seen this 'every dragon achievement' mentioned but I don't think it exists. Anyone got a screen shot?

2. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #122 girlpower, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    I believe it's 12 hrs breed/ 12 hrs hatch if you mean the Blue Fire?
    I want it too....only 3 failed attempts so far, but good news is I do have both
    Fog and Scorch :)

Good luck with your Bluey

3. mybryman

mybryman Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Just bred my second rainbow. Waiting the 48 hours. It was firefly/ swamp again to those who remember my first run of luck.

4. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, I was able to download it okay.
    Weird thing is though, I already somehow had the three new dragons and
    extra decorations anyway..found them by accident yesterday, going to
    guess it was when I leveled up?

So, I can't see anything new in this update that I didn't already somehow
    mysteriously get?
    I thought I was going to get three more new dragons there for a moment lol

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey congrats!
    How exciting, and with the same combo too?

Think I will be doing the happy dance WHEN my first one eventuates.
    Do you also have the other three new ones?

Think Blue Fire could be a challenge for me, but will keep trying

6. Dragonfly12345

Dragonfly12345 New Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #126 Dragonfly12345, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    Ok, so to me knowledge (and I have researched this rainbow dragon all over the net), people get it from breeding a level 10 firefly and a level 10 seaweed.

Also, some people have bread a firefly with swamp, and seaweed and lava is a popular one!

Hope this helps.

PS. if anyone needs help with breeding tips and which dragon to breed with which to get a dragon they want go on this link dragonvale.wikia.com

Helped me heaps! and as long as you breed them in the order, its always spot on :)

7. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Add Z.BaoZi in gc and check his achievements, he was 1st place in gc long ago before the hacking and sonic dragon exploit. He actually bought 2 rainbows but that was before these new dragons were released.

8. mybryman

mybryman Member

Sep 10, 2011
    No new dragons yet. I haven't been playing every day, didn't notice the new ones.
    BTW, I can't seem to download the update. Does anything cone with it other than new dragons? Because I seem to be able to access those. I get error 4001, or something similar? Anyone know what that means?

I can't wait to see what two rainbows make. Anyone know? Another rainbow, or random? Rainbow cant be bred with anything else I have, this much I know.

9. Tattalovinlife

Tattalovinlife New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    If I update do I have to start all over??

10. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I had no problem downloading the latest update, what was strange was that
    I already had the 3 new dragons and added decorations somehow BEFORE
    I downloaded this update?

After I downloaded the update, there wasn't anything else that I didnt already
    have....I didn't get any error code, sorry.
    Did you check to see if you have the latest decorations?

I know someone else said they got another rainbow when they bred their
    two rainbows, makes sense considering they can't be bred with anything else.
    Speaking of rainbows, I am pretty sure I have one being made in the love cave as we speak....yippee, can't wait to see that beautiful egg in my nursery.
    Congrats on both of yours and your Islands look lovely also :)

11. darren12

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Update carries over your progress :)

On another note, who thinks some of the new decorations are a bit overpriced? I mean not everyone has 10m to burn on a volcano especially newer players who didnt have the sonic dragon exploit.

12. Jturtles

Jturtles Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Student
    Los Angeles
    New dragons

Cold, Lightning, Poison, Flower, Moss, Lava, Flower, Tree, Mountain, Firefly, Crystal, Blue Fire, Quake, Storm, Scorch, Swamp, Ice, Mud, Seaweed, Air, Snow, Sonic, Fog, Bazing, Willow, and Rainbow. I know it seems like a lot, but I have most of them. The only ones that I don't have are Blue Fire and Rainbow. They need to update the game and put in more dragons, even though they just did.
    I noticed that in the loading screen, if you look at the very top there is the shadow of a black dragon. I think that it may not be a shadow, and that they are making a dark/black dragon. Now, I looked at the list and noticed that it isn't there. I think that we should make a dark/black dragon, a light/white dragon, and them together either makes a life dragon or invisible dragon. Once I know how to make a thread, I will make one called "New Dragonvale Dragons" Together we should design the dragons and send the in to Backflip Studios! So, how about it/ I will make the thread, and anyone is welcome to join!

If anyone knows how to make a thread, please reply or P.M. me!

13. StrykerB77W

StrykerB77W Member

Sep 13, 2011
    LOL! You being unwilling to pay that much for it doesn't mean it's overpriced, it simply means you don't buy one. Once you reach level 20 there is really nothing to do with your money, so a $10,000,000.00 decoration is something to blow it on, and when you visit my dragons and see it you go "oooooooo" and "aaahhhhh" and "oohhhhhh".

Oh, and PS... Not everyone who is at a high level used cheats and exploits to get there. I used patience and "hard work" to get to level 20.

Yours truly,
    Captain Serious. :)

14. TraptSoul17

TraptSoul17 New Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Actually I have heard that the breeding combination is a lvl 10 Lava Dragon and a lvl 10 Seaweed Dragon. From there it's a chance thing. You may get it, and you may get something else. Hope I helped a little bit. :)

15. TraptSoul17

TraptSoul17 New Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Hatchery Upgrade

I have been needing a second hatchery slot for some time now. Unfortunately I hadn't realized you couldnt buy them with coins later on at the beggining of the game. I also cant add people unless they are on my facebook for some reason, which makes it harder to add people, and get the gems I need. Is there any way that I can upgrade my hatchery another way? What are my options at this point?:confused:

16. darren12

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You can add people out of game with gamecenter and get some gems each day. There is another forum here with hundreds of people looking to give gems. Check it out!

17. TraptSoul17

TraptSoul17 New Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Thanks! Your advice about gamecenter really helped! I didnt even think about that! I feel smart, lol.

18. Emmi

Emmi New Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Question: is it possible to get an air dragon without using gems?

Most of the other dragons are first available for gems, and then when you reach a certain level for coins. But I'm level 17 now and it's still only available for gems. Will it stay that way?

19. switch-it

switch-it Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Denmark
    Breed Fire with Water.

20. PunkfaceX

PunkfaceX Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Dragonvale

Lookin' for more people to add on Gamecenter, will gift gems to anyone who gifts me.

Gamecenter: PunkfaceX