Poor Reviews

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshC., Oct 30, 2009.

1. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    #1 JoshC., Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    I havent been touch gaming like I used to, but I'm still browsing my usual sites and reading reviews. And I've been noticing some pretty shitty reviews lately.

Sorry about the insult TA. My mistake.

Here is the review from 148:
    http://www.148apps.com/reviews/33rd-division/

This is 148apps review of 33rd Division. Why do I think its shitty? Because it fails to mention any flaw in the game, yet only gives it 3 1/2 stars. How can you take away stars, yet neglect to mention a single reason why you took away stars?

So why am I writing this? One, because I'm grumpy tonight. And two, because I've noticed increasing amounts of these reviews on sites that I have always known to have solid reviews.

Does anybody agree with me?

2. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Well, I understand what you are saying, but you also have to know that people spend their time writing a review, you know. If you did it and someone called you that s**** word, I bet you wouldn't be happy.

3. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Uh, there is no AI in Rally Master Pro....it's a Rally game. You race solo against the clock. Doh!

4. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    lol fail

5. yxkpro

yxkpro Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Missouri
    Ok... Rally Master Pro is a rally game, so it is based on time trials. There aren't any opponents. No AI. And 33rd Division, they gave the gameplay rating 3 1/2 stars, and the replay value 3 stars, so that lowered the score. So, they probably didn't feel compelled to play again over and over. That is what was bad about the game. They weren't bad reviews....

Edit: Beat me too it :p

6. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    You are an epic fail. Rally games don't need AI. It's a goddamn RALLY? Or do you not know what a RALLY is? :confused:

7. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    Fail.No. hahahahahaha

8. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Signature worthy

9. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Well lets see. If I'm the average guy who doesnt know what Rally Racing is, how am I supposed to know its all time trials?

And yxkpro. I understand that. But they dont mention anything about it in the actual article. I feel that if you are going to deduct points from a game, specifics should be given in the review.

And Real Racing Fan. I'm not saying this to be an ass, I'm just pointing out that the reviews need more work. But after learning that there is no competition in Rally Racing, it is my fault. I just would think thats important to mention in the article because most probably dont know that about the sport.

10. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Fair enough

11. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    It's a valid point. I added a line to the article.

arn

12. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Whoohoo! Arn saved the day! :)

13. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Wow. Thanks arn. Sorry to be an ass.
    I thought you'd be pissed at me.

14. yxkpro

yxkpro Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    High School Student
    Missouri
    Yeah, they could have said it was lacking a bit on replay-ability. Sorry if I sounded rude, just helping out.:D