Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    I wanted to say again what an awesome job you guys did with this game, I enjoyed testing it as well. Congrats F.M. brothers! :)

;)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Downloading now. Lalalalalala!

3. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    How is the coop for those that beta tested? BTW definitely smashing the download button on this!

4. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I loved the first game, looking forward to this one.

5. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Have they put in free movement this time around?

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Thanks for the thread! We'll be watching this thing 24/7 for the next couple of days, so any concerns, questions, issues, suggestions or whatever - please let us know!

Co-op unfortunately wasn't available in beta - GameCenter has a few issues when its trying to run on games that haven't been released yet :p

But generally, co-op is divided into 2 types... individual mission co-ops, where you can team up with anyone (who is on that level, or has already beaten it) to play through it with. This will be a great way to progress through the game with a friend, help you beat a level that may be too hard, or whatever.

Then there is the endless survival arena, where up to 3 players can join together to survive as long as possible. Leaderboards exist for 1 person, 2 person, and 3 person teams.

Yes, there is free move. We've done our best to retain what we thought made N.Y.Zombies 1 cool and interesting (frantic action, weapon switching and managing reloads, using your weapons strategically against different enemies, etc), while adding the features everyone really seemed to want, like co-op and free move. I hope everyone likes the end result!

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Of course.

I can't wait to see/hear the NYZ2 story (since it's been so much promoted). I hope it's not just a generic zombie plague over NY and you're just a random hero who tries to save NY or survive.

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Instabuy of the day! Can't wait!

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

One favor FM, can you speed up time so I can get this now? :D can't wait!

10. Slizzam

Slizzam Active Member

May 8, 2012
    I approve this message.

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm half tempted to watch Sanuku's video above, but I don't want ANY spoilers!!! I'm super excited for tonight!!!

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I havn't been this eager to play a game in quite some time, so you all on the bridge.

13. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I am so glad they got this out before Halloween here in the states. Best Zombie killing time for us casual players :). Just hope the game is reasonably free of bugs :). Can't wait to try it out.

Wanted to DL the original and it's *just* over the 50mb cellular limit!

14. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Weird that heads don't explode like in the first game.

Looks cool though, I'm buying it.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    From the load screens to the menus to the GUI, POLISHED.

I dont want to spoil anything, so i wont add much to that. :D

And I suggest you avoid Sanuku's video for this one so you get to experience that "woah" moment when you start the game. :D

My only issue is that movement is a bit heavy and sluggish, but at least it controls accurately.

16. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

You can blow off heads... but you're probably right... might need more gore :p Right now, you can only headshot an enemy that has <50% health. This is a gameplay balance thing, so that head shots get easier as you improve your weaponry. Upgrades and progression become more trivial when you can start off on lvl 1 being able to blast everything pretty easily in one hit. We'll be listening closely to feedback on this one though, and may just make it so 1 headshot = exploded head :p

Thanks :) Movement was something tough to balance - we wanted to avoid the "run and gun" feeling you get in many shooters, being that this is a mix of survival horror and pure action. That being said, we'll keep our eyes open for more input on this!

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #38 Jibba, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    The only zombie killing game that lasted on my iPhone was COD Zombies. There have been a lot of good ones but they just couldn't keep my attention long enough due to limitations of the iPhone. How does this compare?

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    With the record you have with zombie games, it's hard to recommend anything. :D

19. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    What's the total file size please?