Half Life 2 Quality Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chimpman252, Jul 18, 2013.

1. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    I can't believe I took so long, but I finally got to play Half Life 2 thanks to the Steam Summer Sale. Now, I'm on the prowl for a mobile game of similar quality. The most striking thing about HL2 is how cinematic it is, without the use of cutscenes. Also the scope of the battles, and feeling of loneliness and onerous duty. I feel like if there was a game like this on mobile I'd have already heard of it, but hopefully there's some older game/hidden gem that satisfies my craving?

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    None. Not even close. No way. Only thing close to that caliber of game would be the console/PC ports to iOS, and there's nothing like HL2. Go back to thr PC for that kind of an experience; I'd recommend BioShock 1 and Fallout: New Vegas (improves on 3 in every possible way).

If you want straight-out shooters, FEAR 1 and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 are two excellent and very different titles. Killing Floor is one of the best co-op experiences around. Chaos Theory is a great stealth title.

Especially with the Steam summer sale, just go budget $50 and get 5 games that catch your eye. You won't be disappointed, and you cannot go wrong with any of the aforementioned games if you like RPGs or strategicly oriented shooters.

3. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    nova 3

I'm kidding.... lol

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The best sci-fi shooter on iOS IMO. For SP get NOVA 2, but 3 has the best MP.

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
  6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    We're living that down anytime soon, are we?

7. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Story doesn't seem to be the platforms strongest point, things are geared towards smaller bites generally due to the nature of mobile.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What ?

Thats nothing like the type of game he wants

Anyway back to the subject. I did enjoy Nova 1 and 2, also Infinity Project.

Theres nothing like Half Life or to that quality with huge long long levels, but theres some decent FPS games like the ones above which are great to have on your phone at all times

9. Alexander_DeluxeWare

Alexander_DeluxeWare Well-Known Member

Half life

This game has become a legend, I was always attracted to the fact that this game was the first of my favorite games, after many years, I was not left feeling that I e] have not finished really looking forward to HL3

10. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I agree. IMO all Gameloft's #2 games had better stories.

11. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    I'm not specifically looking for a shooter, just something that has a similar engrossing feel

12. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    The silent age.
    It has an engrossing feel.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Walking Dead: The Game. Doesn't get any more engrossing than that. Bastion is also very atmospheric, but best played on iPad due to larger screen and retina visuals. KOTOR is also a great RPG, but also very dated and iPad exclusive. Deus Ex is decent but inferior experience compared to Human Revolution.