Universal iOS 3D First-Person Shooter - Early Development Stages

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nxtboyIII, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    #1 nxtboyIII, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    For what it is I think you should keep on making the game because so far it looks good.:)

3. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thanks! :D What specifically looks good so far? Today is the second day I have been working on it :p Also the models I just downloaded off the internet (of course if I finished this off I would get custom ones or maybe buy some) :)

4. Chutch20

May 12, 2015
    The shooting animation looks good and the physics looks good too, and since this is the second day working on it I can only imagine what will be created in a month.:D

5. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Haha, thanks :) For the shooting animation I just changed the position of the gun and then moved it back every time you shoot :) Also, here is another video I just released of the game now:

6. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Looks nice, keep following and update it

I would suggest a sci fi modern look will be nice, and easier for the art if you want it to be done quicker!

7. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Thanks :) A lot of people on reddit are telling me to make something unique because another FPS game won't make any money, what do you (and anyone else here) think? My last game, Armed Combat, failed miserably because I didn't even make back 10% of how much it cost to make and advertise the game, so I lost over $1,000. :(

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I would go for a fallout type game or some like what Cresent moon tried to do with exiles because we don't really have those types of fps games on the AppStore

9. Chutch20

May 12, 2015
    I have armed combat I think it's a good game I had no idea you made it,that's cool that your making a 3d game now.

10. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer

So something like free roam?

11. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Yeah. That would be really unique.

12. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Definitely free roam. A FPS with an open world may take alottt longer then an average level by level FPS. I'm not a dev so I wouldn't know though. Content is definitely a must if you plan for an open world.

What are some fps games you like? Any open world/free roam ones? Shooter rpgs like fallout? Maybe developing a game that is inspired from games you like and what the people want will keep you more motivated then just giving the people what they want.

13. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Well I don't really play free roam games, basically Battlefield 4 is my favorite game and really the only game I play a lot and enjoy, so I don't know how I would make an open world game, also I just spent about $1,400 on another game and didn't even make back $150 so I don't want to spend a lot of money on assets like graphics on this one.

14. TheRoyalQuest

TheRoyalQuest Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 3, 2014
    Game developer
    Kuwait
    Didn't you think of partnering with really good artist for the game graphics? Instead of getting assets from the store?

15. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    That's what I would do, I did that with my last big project (found a guy on oDesk). When I said "assets" that was probably confusing, sorry.

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #16 Kenan2000, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    I feel bad for you,mate...but fps is a great idea since appstore lacks good quality fps',currently I'm waiting for Mission Europa 2 and playing my long-awaited Bioshock on my rusty but trusty ipad 4,I'll definitely buy any good fps.

I'm not sure but I think that linear Dead Trigger 2 copycat shooters are common on ios,but games like Bioshock,Mission Europa don't have any alternatives.

Free roam might be a little bit too hard to make (plus you don't know if it'll be successful or not) but games like Radiation Island and much anticipated The Wild prove me wrong - such games are MORE THAN JUST successful.

Look at other fps' on ios,old and new - Bioshock,Mission Europa,DEUS ex - the fall,that CoD game,modern combat series,nova series,Neon Shadow or however it was called,Radiation Island,Dead Effect,Dead Trigger 2,Bounty Hunter black dawn or however it was called,odd world - stranger's wrath.

If you make a fps then it should have something in it like multiplayer,something that makes players play it or you could go the Doom/Prey/Bioshock way - make a single player fps but it should have something that makes players be interested in it.

You could make a Max Payne-like fps on ios that is mainly based on story,like FEAR,maybe even add slow motion into the game.But you'll have to work pretty hard on it:cutscenes,animations and all that stuff takes time.

Professional or maybe even God of the rpg-shooters on ios is Ryan Mitchell - the one who made Mission Europa,alone.He is currently working on Mission Europa 2,alone.

You can ask him for more advice,he is great at developing,just copy and paste this link in safari or whatever browser you're using https://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com

17. nxtboyIII

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    That sounds like a ton of work o_o. I guess I will just see where this goes as I make it, haha. Today I added pathfinding for the enemies, which is pretty cool because if you're in a building they will find you and walk up the stairs and stuff. Still haven't added the ability for the player to die though. :p

18. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Infinity Project 2
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Had to post since it's a very over-looked game.

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Take a look at other fps' on iOS and try to think what ios players really want.

Is it story?I doubt it.
    Is it gameplay?YES.

Mission Europa,bounty hunter black dawn,Bioshock,Radiation Island - all these games have something unique in them.

Mission Europa - amazing,great,awesome borderlands/system shock/Bioshock mix,you actually use spells and weapons and melees and...and...and...and so much stuff to kill enemies and bosses,Mission Europa 2 will be like 10x better with much better physics,graphics,locations.

Bounty hunter black dawn - pretty much a borderlands copy but it has appeared to be pretty dam famous on ios since such type of a game is rare on ios,very rare.

Bioshock - masterpiece.Is not it awesome to destroy some turret with a burning corpse using your Telekinesis ability and then watching that corpse get blasted from the turret explosion?

Radiation Island - yet another masterpiece with awesome graphics and amazing gameplay.Must have if you're a far cry and dead island fan.

Open world games is what the majority of ios gamers want,not sure how it's gonna work but I think that you can do it.
    You could make some survival fps - imagine an abandoned city filled with supplies,zombies and strange mutants with interesting locations nearby like tiny swamps,some forest,river or something like that.

It is gonna take a while but survival games is what a lot of iOS gamers want.

If "Atypical games" that consists of few devoted developers has managed to make a masterpiece such as Radiation Island then Y.O.U. C.A.N. T.O.O.

20. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    XD,I knew about it but I decided to forget about it since it is so old.I might as well put in Marathon,Doom,Wolfenstein but that is a completely different type of fps'.