IAP tips for my first game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by neilw711, Mar 18, 2013.

1. neilw711

neilw711 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    App Developer
    Virginia, USA
    So I'm almost finished with my first game. The game has a total of 50 levels and it's divided into two worlds. I was thinking that the first world (being 15 levels) will be free so I can get my game out there to a larger audience since the game will be over 200MB. The second world (35 levels) will cost .99. Of course the user has to beat a level to unlock the next level but if the user buys the second world without beating the first world, they can have access to the second world. Do you all think that's a good idea if users buy the second world, they can go straight to the second world gameplay without defeating the first? The whole game has a huge storyline so you'll have to beat the first if you want to understand what exactly is happening in the second world. Let me know what you all think. I haven't created a trailer yet but I'm still working on it. I just want opinions of whether this IAP approach is a good idea.

The problem is, I don't want users to buy something that will become locked. There's alot of gamers that have short attention span in the freemium world, they might want something right away for their money.

2. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I am not a dev,but I approve this kind of iAP,because it gives the player 2 choices.Either complete all the levels,or if he wants to spare some time,he buys the level pack.

3. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    You could also put a little time into offering a little segment that fills the user in on what has happened to catch them up in the narrative. That way if they choose to skip to the second segment and want they story they don't miss out. A quick recap might inspire some people to go back and get the whole story.

4. Apptopia

Apptopia Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA