Vending machines...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BunchOCurls, Oct 28, 2012.

1. BunchOCurls

BunchOCurls Member

Jun 24, 2012
    This thread is all about vending machines and your experiences with them!

Have you ever hacked one! What happened and how?

Have you ever tricked one into giving you free soda or candy?

Have any paranormal experiences with them?

Break any?

Just post any experiences you have see had with one, please don't be a troll and say "I put a dollar in and got candy! IT WAS CRAZZY"

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    At school I was buying doritos then for some reason 2 bags started coming and both got stuck againest the glass.. I didn't even get a single bag.. :(

3. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Weird thread but In general I hate them I've no choice but to use one at my work being as I work nightshifts and it's probably outright stolen at least £40 from me so far.

Also lost my temper with one in a bowling place the item didn't drop so I banged it to help it fall, at that point a serious loud alarm went off and I made myself scarce.

I do know the tricks ie the code for changing the price of items and the one for getting two drinks for the price of one, but those machines aren't about anymore anyway and the info is on the net already.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    We've got an old vending machine at work that steals your money no matter what. It also can be completely out of snacks for a couple of days. (vendor's a real shyster)

It's showtime at lunch while watching people deposit their money without looking first.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Err weird thread !

Looking forward to 'exciting stories about microwaves' next ! ;)

6. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    I love the vending machine at my school. Once I put €1 in it to buy doritos bits (Costs €0,60) , and I got something like €1,50 back :D

7. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Sometimes when I make oatmeal for breakfast the microwave cooks it in one go and sometimes it takes twice as long.....weird ha!!!!!!!

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    My first purchase on a vending machine was when I was 6 and I was in the library(anyone remember that place? ;)) and I asked my mom to give me a euro to buy something from it. It was very exciting and the thing I got was a bag of Donkey Balls. Or Ms Donkeys Hot Hills or whatever. They're candy bags you perv.

9. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Well I spent $2 to get a can of coke, and more or less, I got 2 cans and my $2 back. And then it would just keeping handing out random drinks for free.

10. Vending machines are sexy...

11. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    always were fond of vending machines. i only buy sodas, though.
    one day vending machines will vend body parts and people will be able to buy replacement lungs, liver, heart.

12. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Once upon a time, coconutbowling need quarters, so he put a dollar in the machine and pressed the return button. He was well surprised when he received 6 quarters instead of 4. He tried again a little later but got 10 dimes. The end.

13. I hear in Japan, they have vending machines that sell used women panties. I think I saw it on the news before. Now, don't get too excited guys...

I could use a vending machine for itunes gift cards... With 24 hour access...

14. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Used to hack them when i was younger. Today they have better security and you cant get the money without the key. Not sure about free drinks though.

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  16. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    At my work place, we have this Vitamin Water vending machine thats totally screwed up. The conveyer system is poorly designed so the bottle would routinely fail to dispense. As a result, purchasing at this vending machine actually means buying the bottle already on the conveyer belt. The bottle that you chose will actually go to the Nth person after you.

I prefer how the machine worked before they fixed it: when there are multiple bottles stuck at the conveyer belt and you're lucky, you just buy one bottle and the machine will clear the entire conveyer belt on you (about 4-5 bottles).

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
  18. That was funny, gave me a giggle.