iPhone GTA Chinatown Wars: HD (Sept 9th)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #1 lord-sam, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    [​IMG]

The game sounds like it will feature the same content of the existing iPhone version of Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for the iPhone, with HD graphics and modified controls like most HD-ized games.

Chinatown Wars will be available on September 9th for $9.99/£5.99

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeeaaaahhh!!!!

3. Neidal

Neidal Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Real Estate Property Manager
    Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
    I wonder why no-one is really discussing this game in the forums... it is the first time that the game is being released in high-res, and I hope it gets a few iPad specific features...

I'm so glad that it's finally got a concrete release date... the vague end of June timeframe previously given came and went, and people got distracted by other games... Hopefully Rockstar have been using this extra development time to optimise the game for iPad!

I'll be triple-dipping on this title - (DS, iPhone and now iPad) it really is a great Premium game!

4. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Good question , perhaps it's because all of those people have already played China Town Wars one to many times ?

Having said that , I am not one of those people and will be picking this one up when it is released , thanks for the heads up OP'er :cool:

5. Hmm... any possibility of a sale on the original GTA for iPhone with this release?

*shrug*

6. Caipa

Caipa Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I bought the iphone version the moment it came out. It was then pulled out of the app store of my country and I was locked out of the updates released. No love from me here.

Also I already finished it.

7. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    It's really kind of 'late in the game' sort of speak for this one. I think most of us have played this one to death on the other iDevices and unless they add something unique/new to warrant making another purchase, I don't think I'll be picking this one up.

8. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Because it's got no extra features, and no one else is interested in buying the same more than once?
    To me it's just yet another money making scheme, relabel the package with two extra letters, resize the graphics (hell I think the graphics were supposed to be iPad-resolution when they were designing it, now they simply release the original thing), and sell it again. First game was good, this one? Couldn't be less interested.

9. Soulblitz

Soulblitz Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    I'll have to see what screenshots look like before I buy this. If they're simply upscaled then I won't bother, but yeah.

10. djanett

djanett Member

Aug 31, 2010
    no screenshot or something ?

11. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Im pretty excited about this... Playing the iphone version on this screen has some awkward controls, so hopefully they will do the port properly :)

12. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i'm hoping the graphics are even better!

13. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    i hope they put civilian voices back

14. teresap989

teresap989 New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    hi

Hopefully Rockstar have been using this extra development time to optimise the game for iPad!

15. jivemaster

jivemaster Member

Sep 6, 2010
    It should be good, but don't expect too much. As long as it works at a decent frame rate with high res graphics, I'll be happy.

16. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    The only thing that one update did was to add a few more radio stations. Hardly anything to worry about too much really.