N.o.v.a.?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DannyG, Dec 23, 2009.

1. DannyG

DannyG Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Right now it seems that NOVA is the game to get. On the behalf of those who've haven't bought it (including myself) why is it so great? Is it really as good as everybody says it is? To me it looks exactly like any plain old fps on the iphone. What separates this game from the other fps? Can somebody generously explain to me the pros and cons of this game in more than a phrase like "It's good because it's good"? Thanks!:)

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, it has alot of content to start with. 13 story missions, and I think 5 weapons. For an iPhone shooter that's quite a bit. On top of that you gain abilities, like starting with the ability to freeze your enemies. If you've ever played halo or Metroid Prime, it feels like a combo of the two. The graphics are awesome, and it runs smoothly on all devices no prob. Plus the multiplayer is awesome, and with bigger maps with more variety, it makes it easier to form a strategy and kill than in Eliminate where you just run and gun. The controls are also smooth and responsive, and for the most part don't give a problem at all.

I think that's enough reason to get the game.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to the forums, DannyG.

Now, I don't mean to sound harsh, but there's a heck of of a lot of coverage on NOVA on this site already -- more than enough to decided whether it's worth a purchase. Please try not to start threads like this one, which are basically asking for other to do the legwork for you.

4. DannyG

DannyG Member

Dec 23, 2009
    My bad guys!

Sorry guys, I'm kinda new to this site. I didn't realize that the community covered so many games! Thanks a lot and please forgive me.:D

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No problem. At least you started the thread in the right section. There's a very long thread in the Game Releases section (a good place to post specific questions), as well as a front page review. Feel free to start a new thread if you have a question that has not been covered elsewhere, or if you want to introduce a new subject for discussion (it pays to do a quick search through the threads before you do that, as it's likely that someone else has had a similar thought).

6. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

You sure it will run smooth on all devices?
    I'm buying NOVA as soon as I get a iTunes Card