Publisher for a multiplatform game

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by nemo, Jul 22, 2013.

1. nemo

nemo Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Hi
    AVA’S QUEST is a 2D action platform.
    It has totally 30 levels. 8 normal levels, 1 boss level and 1 bonus level in 3 chapters.
    Each level have 5 optional mission.
    Your base attack is jumping on enemies. (just like Mario)

AVA’S QUEST is going to be finished soon. I’ve decided to go with publisher/publishers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But the problem is AVA’S QUEST is a multiplatform game. (iOS, Android, Win, Mac, Web)
    Is a publisher like BigFishGames (that publish multiplatform games) bettar than mobile publisher like Chilingo?
    Can I choose 2 publisher, one for pc, one for mobile?
    What other multiplatform publishers exist besides BigFishGames?

Important Question:
    Could I send the game for sites like touch arcade to prereview? Is it important for publishers?

Thanks

2. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    Yes you can use different publishers on certain platforms. But it can get messy if the publishers overlap on platforms.

I was speaking to a publisher who was only interested in the iOS rights for my game (but it didn't work out with them). It would have been handy as another publisher has said they are interested in the Android and Java rights, but I had to say no to them as iOS is my lead platform and many iOS publishers also want Android rights. To complicate matters further, my project is a board game and puzzles, and I have a publisher arranged for the physical version, but some digital publishers overlap into that area.

3. Game Troopers

Game Troopers New Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Game Publisher on Microsoft Operated Stores
    Publishing

Hi nemo,

maybe we can talk about it. Kindly write me a PM and we'll talk further about it.