another temple run ripoff.....temple guns

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joyomi, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Yeah, its also in the top paid apps

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Just saw it like 20 mins ago and I loled

3. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I have no sympathy for people that fall for these clones

4. Celtronic Labs

Dec 3, 2011
    iOS Developer
    This is not a new game. Ironically, this game was first released on the store before Temple Run!

The exact same game can be found on the App Store under the title "Typing Paratroopers", which was released this past summer, in late July (and which, I guess, nobody had ever heard of, I know I hadn't). The developer simply renamed his old app and made a new icon for it, after finding inspiration from Temple Jump.

One week after doing so his "new" app is now the #6 top paid app on the US Store. If that is not magic, I don't know what is..

By the way, you can try out Temple Guns for free by downloading the free version of Typing Paratroopers..

5. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Ah, it just annoys me and gives out a bad sign for developers.

Here are some devs working days and nights on a very competent game (such as Beat Sneak Bandits, Little Acorns or whatever you want) and they're currently at 90 - 140 rank?

Then you get some crappy game get to 6 (!) by just putting on a copied logo and rubbish gameplay.

And so whilst he is raking in the money, the developers who really earned it don't get it.

Annoyed face: :mad:

6. Theappguys

Theappguys Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I think we should all send emails to apple

What is the reward for us doing the right thing when ass holes create unethical practices and apple do not stop them and in top of that make like 30-40k per day every day they are in the top 10.

I furious