Universal Asphalt 7: Heat - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012.

1. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    A7 has (finally?) appeared in Polish iTunes AppStore.

Downloading... ; )

2. PLANET

PLANET Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Ask away and I'll tell you ; )

Don't worry, they will fix it with the next update.
    Whenever it may come :D

I'll get back to you soon on this.
    I had 3,3 GB free space - let's see how it's gonna look after downloading AND installing (not running the game).

As for A6.5, I can agree totally :)
    Better handling = obvious plus. No more wild west wagons with turbonitro.. ; )

One question, though: which track was taken from Fast5? Haven't played it.
    As for me, feeling of A6 is quite OK.
    I will be playing on iP4, expect some heavy problems (A6 with the latest update runs far from smooth, comparing to SGS2), but will know soon how it works out. After all, it's still earlier than in the case of the Android premiere.

BTW. Anyone can risk when it'll come to SGS3?

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#123 Habakuk, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    Game Impressions

No intro movie this time.

Starting immediately with career. Got 10.000 money before start. Begin modestly with the Abarth 500 ESSEESSE and a new track Hawaii. Could upgrade with the money but refused. Refused sponsor as well.

Eleminated one opponent in the first race, won it and made 31,250 game dollars and 9,288 "fame". Collected additional game dollars, altogether 43,250. And five stars. Accomplished two challenges.

I am not sure if the graphics are on par with Asphalt 6 (for some local friends and me personally the best computer game of all time and all consumer software platforms) here on iPad 3. The first track is beautiful (and completely new). You travel under a waterfall. The controls are pretty the same (standard settings with tilt to steer, brake to drift, launch nitro/adrenaline: touch the screen below right), the feeling is almost the same. The controls are as precise as in A6. Maybe the handling is a tiny bit better but it's hard to tell with those first cars.

No, I don't want to share my results with a social networks. This comes in the way often.

Upgraded max. tempo 227 -> 231 km/h, acceleration 6.9 -> 6.83 sec for 8,000 game dollars each.

Won the next track in career: London. A k.o. race. Unlocked the next car Land Rover Range Rover EVOQUE and could buy it for 43,809. Frame rate is okay but some elements look rather pixelated.

Wait. That's new. "Free preview. You can use a Chevrolet Camaro GS only for this event for free." Used it in Havanna. It's basically the same track as in Asphalt 6: Adrenaline but a bit spiced up. Maybe the have renovated some streets in the town. Some things are looking more detailled and pleasing, others look pixelated, again. Won the classic race with more than 20 sec under par. Got rewards, money, new level, one star, upgrade 2 for max. tempo unlocked. Bought a sponsor.

The next one is the first real race offside training. London again. Okay, seems to be easier than A6. Won and unlocked a bunch of things. This was Cup 1. Cup 2 starts with Moscow track. Same as before: Prettier but pixelated. The nitro drops and other elements are places on other spots. Otherwise the same track as in A6. Another track they took from Furious Five and another one from A5 if I remember correctly.

Not bad so far. But I have a strange feeling that they didn't put that much love in it as in A6. Everything seems to be a bit simpler. The garage, the menues, choices, comments of the lady. We'll see… And they should get the iPad 3 graphics fixed urgently.

Edit: Told you all the installed size already here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2308409&postcount=112

Will test on iPad orig. and iPhone 4 soon…

Edit: 1.4 GB expanded & installed on iPad orig. and iPhone 4 as well. When you compare to A6 it doesn't look that bad like on iPad 3 (the difference isn't that huge). Framerate smooth, controls perfect.

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I really wish apple would start using more powerful hardware. The fact you use a display that has triple the pixels as my 55inch tv and only upgrade graphics side of chip is beyond me. I really hope madfinger nails there game to show devs it's possible. Anyway can't wait for this game tonight. Loved 6 and I'm sure 7 will be great

5. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Asphalt 6 was only 1gb on iPhone 4S, not 1.7gb .....however Asphalt 7 is universal so probably 1.4 on both.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #126 Rip73, Jun 21, 2012
    The most recent update to asphalt 6 hit 1.7 gb on my 4s. It was originally (launch day, iPhone 4) in or around 1.1 gb. More or less the same on iPad 2, as in 1.7gb.
    7 is 1.4 on both so happy about that straight away.
    Initial impressions are that it is Asphalt 6.5, which is not a bad thing at all.
    It's no Real Racing 2 but again not a bad thing because this is an arcade action racer and RR2 is a racing simulator.
    The new cars alone would be worth it as a 99 cent iap in Asphalt 6 but the new tracks, better physics, fabulous graphics and better handling are most certainly worth it.
    The iap and upgrade questions are a tad annoying but iap is totally unnecessary to progress with the career mode of the game, which you will. Its only necessary if you want to skip to the best cars but that defeats the purpose of the career mode so see no point in getting any iap.
    If you haven't finished Asphalt 6, I'm not sure if I'd bother with it.
    Definitely would recommend buying if you've never bought an Asphalt game or if you've finished with Asphalt 6. Consider it a continuation of 6 and you'll be very happy with it.
    Looks great on the 4s by the way and is more suited to the iPhone than the iPad for me, but is still a great buy for any of them.
    Instabuy is my advice.

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Checked: 1.0 on iPhone 4, 1.7 on iPad 3.

Checked: True. 1.4 on all devices.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    If you loved 6, you will definitely love this one as well. It is as much fun and the career seems to have an awfull lot more to it.

Plus I kinda have to agree with you on the chip thing. The gpu upgrade just seemed the minimum necessary to push the pixels. It's the main reason I skipped the 3 and will wait for the 4.

9. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    Im staying most of the night too.

10. BruteOutlawz

BruteOutlawz Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Yeah i didnt want to put anyone off by saying it should be asphalt 6.5, really enjoying it. First car was really slow so that didnt help with first impressions, its a different story when you start getting the ferraris and lambos :D Nice sense of speed. You can rent any car which is a nice touch, even if you havent unlocked it.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My best advice would be if you have completed Asphalt 6, delete it and get the new one, it's definitely worth it. That's essentially what I did and I'm happy with it.
    If you haven't completed 6, that's a tough one. 7 is a definite improvement on 6 but I thoroughly enjoyed Asphalt 6 and kept it on iPhone from launch day to today and even bought the iPad version as well.
    If I hadn't completed 6, I'd probably finish it and get 7 later on. Or just get 7 and save myself some space on device.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #132 Rip73, Jun 21, 2012
    Haven't got to the faster cars yet, but what you describe is exactly what I was hoping for so that's good reassurance.
    By the way, I didn't think you saying it is Asphalt 6.5 was a bad thing at all and I definitely don't think it will put anyone off who has played 6.
    It may not be a major upgrade in some ways but why fix it if it ain't broken.
    Plus, I'm a bit of a car nut myself, so it's great to see the new Pagani Huarya and the classic Ferrari 250 GTO in the same game. Awesome choice of cars.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So for someone who hasn't played any Asphalt games... which is best? Retina (iPhone) games only, please ;)

14. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    #134 Jacob007, Jun 21, 2012
    So, why is 7 better? I understand the graphics, cars, and maps, but what I really want to know, is it all that challenging? I want to finish it within months like 6, not just one sitting. Is it challenging? Is everything perfected, mainly the garage (but also the cars and maps)? And how's multiplayer (if you've tried it?)
    Sorry if I'm pestering you, I'm just on the fence and want to be certain 7 is better than 6. Because if I buy 7, 6 goes...I need my space!

15. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    Its everything asphalt 6 was (minus the bugs) and more. It gets harder as you get into the career. Havent tried online yet.

16. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    1!

I'm glad they eradicated the bugs. And it's good that the career seems balanced and that they brought back all the things in A6, with new maps and cars. Plus, even if I finish career, there's more modes to do and theres online, so I'll be playing this for a while. Thanks!

17. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    Game Impressions

Wow, this is awesome. The turning is terrific and realistic, the car performance is realistic, and the in app purchases are completely optional ( 10,000 $ for a sponsor for a race, I got 40,000 $ in the first race ) I only played the first race, and the track was awesome. They aren't short, they have a couple of shortcuts, money on the road, nos on the road, and the nos isn't too over-powered where if you just spray your nos you automatically win. There were a couple jumps in the first track which was pretty interesting. Can't wait to play more!

Oh, btw, I played the first race (4 laps) with 100% battery, and after the race I was still at 100% battery, so I assume it's not bad on battery. Have fun!

18. BruteOutlawz

Jun 18, 2010
    No problem, you wont think twice about deleting asphalt 6 once you've played 7. And at 69p how can you go wrong :D

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #139 Rip73, Jun 21, 2012
    Not pestering at all, very valid questions.
    Is it more challenging? Hmmm, the early stages are quite easy but I found asphalt 6 very easy as well. The best way to make it challenging (and I found the same applied to 6) is to not upgrade the cars in each tier and that equalises the other cars with yours.
    It is very, and I mean very, close to asphalt 6 but the handling is simply better. The graphics are great. The modelling on the cars is very good. Even the sound as you go over different types of surfaces is great (as long as you turn down the music).
    I'm told the deeper you go, the more challenging it is. I personally think the challenge element is on par with 6.
    Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.
    It is massive value for money. The iap is totally irrelevant because earning currency and stars is simple (exactly same as 6 in my opinion).
    I would recommend you buy it and free up some space. It is a great little game.
    If you haven't finished 6 yet, do. But definitely get 7 then.
    I will admit the maps are the same in a lot of places but the new shortcuts and graphical improvements simply make them seem different.
    Initially I was a bit concerned about this game but after just under two hours of play I'm massively happy with it.

iCloud support would be nice though.

20. Jacob007

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    #140 Jacob007, Jun 21, 2012

Thanks! It's 11 where I am, still not out, but it sounds very promising. I freed up some space today and deleted A6 (I finished it about a month ago), and I'm glad to hear this game is better overall and less buggy! I noticed a few gameplay trailers that showed there's tons of content and you have to unlock pretty much all of it with stars. I don't want to do much grinding...
    2 more questions:
    Do you personally have to grind much in this game? (In Asphalt 6, I didn't have to and I liked it that way :p)
    How easy are stars to get?
    The game sounds awesome, can't wait to get my hands on it, race, and used some adrenaline!

Edit: The app is downloading now! :D