Universal Lunar Silver Star Story Touch - (by SoMoGa)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I am curious about something I just noticed.
    This last update forced me to download the whole thing again.
    The previous update (2 weeks ago) was a delta one.
    I obviously prefer the delta one....why this time, for an apparently very minor change, the update wasn't delta too?
    Other games did the same thing.

I'm just curious if its some the devs forgot to set up, if it's an Apple fault or of there are other technical reasons.

Many thanks.

2. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Just got to the final boss as well and it keeps crashing right around when I kill him (it always happens well into the fight right after I attack him... so I'm guessing it's when I'm actually killing him). Done it 3 times now with restarting app and everything.

Have had this happen on some of the earlier bosses as well but was able to progress by shutting down and restarting app (and fighting boss again). No dice so far on the last one though.

Also @Nall... updates sound great! Looking forward to them!

3. picohero

picohero Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Yeah, it's all ways well into the fight for me. I hope this gets fixed soon.

4. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I really want to get this game for my iPod Touch 4G, but judging from some posts here the port has a lot of problems. Should I rather wait instead?

5. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I believe an update is coming out soon. Most of the problems have been fixed. I say jump on the lunar bandwagon and have some fun ;)

6. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    I played this game on an iPod touch 4th Gen, but I also have an issue with crashing during the fight with one of the near end-game bosses. So i haven't been able to complete the game... Shame. I'd hold off on the purchase until the problems are solved. Best RPG in the appstore though... (Well, this and Final Fantasy Dimensions). Battle system is pretty neat. I've played this before on the Playstation 1, I forgot how brilliant this game is. It's a really good JRPG if you're into that stuff.

7. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    If you're having this issue, we'd appreciate a crash log from the latest version. Based on your earlier feedback, we've had people playing the final battle over and over again on different devices without issue.

At this juncture, I think almost every issue (real or perceived) reported to us has been rectified. We still have requests for subtitles, iCade 8-bitty support, control changes, and improved iPad graphics, all of which we're working on or looking into.

8. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Pretty sure this is all on Apple's side.

9. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    I keep syncing my iPod, but the new crash logs don't appear. It's really weird

10. eflin

eflin Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Honestly I don't know how to post the crash log or I would.

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Spoilers-

The hell ring is called the plasma? Ring (I think) Both this and the gale ring can only be obtained before entering the grindery.

For the Gale ring, you have to have had the girl captured when you were first in Reza and then saved later. Then try talking to her(Lilly) 3 or 4 times before entering the Grindery.

The HeLl ring (or whtv its called) is gotten by going back up the guys(forgot his name) tower who asked you all those questions and had the doors that opened by stepping on the red tiles. This also can only be done before the Grindery.

G's tear Is suppose to be gotten after Alex becomes dragon master but before Nash leaves the party. (I dunno I missed this one but did get the 2 above)

/spoilers

Which end boss are peoples games still crashing at? Is it the last one or one before that? I just crashed fighting
    Magic Emporer(the boss at the end of the Grindery)

12. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    The one you crashed at. The final one

13. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #393 Darth Ronfar, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Ok I beat
    The magic Emporer
    (which isn't the final boss by the way)

This time I crashed fighting
    Xenobia
    ..seems like everyother boss it crashes...

Only read if uve beaten the game -

The Magic Emporer is an "illusion" that you fight afterwards the real ghaleon appears and forces you into an un winnable battle. Its here that Luna turns completely possessed and transforms Althenas tower into the final "dungeon". It's here where you fight Royce,Xenobia and finnaly the real Ghaleon.

I'm wondering if people are actually crashing during the final boss and not anything before it so I need to ask people that have beaten the game before

14. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    The game I crashing at
    ghaleon after I beat xenobia. Not when he is an illusion, but after Luna gets possessed and all
    Hope this helps!

15. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Hmm well in that case, has ur game crashed at any of the previous boss battles?

And is there anybody that has been able to beat the entire game or is everyone crashing at the final boss?

16. picohero

Jul 16, 2012
    Its crashed at
    Xenobia before the illusion
    I do recall it crashing against
    the black dragon

17. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    ^ ya that's where mine crashed too and probly a few others I'm pretty sure the sewer boss etc..

Is there patch coming out to fix this?

18. sirrozha

sirrozha Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I'm on latest testflight beta. When I go to Vane to you know, to go to a certain room and shoot to a certain thing just before the cutscene the game crashes. No way to progress.

19. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    We got a couple reports of this and after extensive testing, determined that it's possible to briefly re-enter Vane and repeat the sequence when you shouldn't be able to. This is fixed in 1.1.2 (coming soon - also includes 8-bitty support!), although if you're affected just
    return to the worldmap, the Grindery should already be ready and waiting for you.

20. Rancherstriker

Rancherstriker New Member

Nov 24, 2012
    I was really excited for this game. Truly.

What an absolute piece of crap.

The game crashes at specific moments, even with the last version. I have identified two specific moments (I've stopped playing after the second one somehow deleted the last saves):

a)
    When you first get to Meribia, that you fight (and lose) to master Mel. I went straight to him, fought him, and lost. When the battle ended, and Mel was saying "you have potential" or something
    , the game crashes. Tried it several times, it always crashes at the exact same moment. Workaround? Tried walking around the town for a bit, speaking to every NPC in the city, then went ahead to the fight... This time it didn't crash!

b)
    After you defeat the false dragonmaster and return to the city, you enter the palace, to attend an audience with Lemia... and then get arrested. When the guards are dragging Alex out, after he screams "luna!", the game crashes.
    Tried several things, killing more stuff, talking with npc i could find, buying every single thing at the store, selling every single thing... And the game still crashes at the exact moment. On the last crashes something happened to the saved games, as it deleted the ones just before that event, making me lose several hours of clearing the marsh and grinding in the pass.

A pity the game is so broke, this game was awesome, and not being able to even reach 30% is a huge turnoff for me.

And yes, i tried closing the app, turning off the ipad, reinstalling, all of it.

Using iPad 3, with 5.1.1, not jb.