The Secret of Grisly Manor - Help Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pablo6630, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Gaming mom

Gaming mom New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Did it

Amazing game it gets you thinking that's for sure

2. Rootib

Rootib New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Stuck Stuck Stuck....Help!! :(

Hi everyone
    So I really really need some help I've bn looking thru different responses but till lost. Ive done everything up to point of figuring out Wat to do with the tree trunk and the clock. I have the bowl with the gold fish, a key, the combination and matches. I already put the little box in the fire but I can't get the balance thingy out bcuz I can't get the fish out the bowl :(. I'm starting get reaaalll frustrated, iono Wat else to do :(. I need help!!! Please anyone!!
    Would really appreciate it :)

Thanks

3. niicole

niicole Member

Feb 5, 2012
    #503 niicole, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Hey everyone, I need some help. I read through a few pages but I don't want anything spoiled for me.

Right now I have: matches, fuse, token, fish bowl(with fish), and a piece of paper (42-3).

I can't figure how what the stuff I have is for. And I know the code on the globe, but when I put it in, nothing happens... I think I read to check the study upstairs, but I don't see it...help please!

4. Ninjamegz

Ninjamegz New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Birds

Hi I'm really stuck, not sure what to do with the birds above the fire (on the mantle piece) can anyone help :) thanks

5. smitha

smitha Member

Feb 5, 2012
    hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

is game. just started playing this morning. I have got a jewel, matches, fuse, fish n a bowl n one half of the paper. i have lite the fire.... but i am unable to find the study upstairs ...... n thus unable to solve the globe puzzle.... can somebody help me with finding the other peices of paper n find the study... :)

6. Ninjamegz

Ninjamegz New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Where did you find the fuse? I'm really stuck

7. Radenayu

Radenayu New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Amazing game indeed! Awaiting forward into ep 2!
    Rootib,
    To diminush the fire, you need obviously water. For that, you need to solve the clock puzzle which you can do after solving the tree branch puzzle outside ;) good luck!

8. Radenayu

Radenayu New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Have you found the 4th bird? Just a hint to solve, you have to go back to grandpa's bedroom and figure out what exactly the picture with the tyres is trying to tell ;)

9. Radenayu

Radenayu New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Have you looked outside? Need to find the key to get in the storage room outside: try to look in the foyer for that key. To find study, you need the fuse ;)

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Look around in the kitchen, tapping everything, and you'll know what the token is for.

Also, there are actually _5_ doors upstairs. There is a short corridor between the bathroom and the second bedroom, IIRC, which is difficult to spot. Just tap around until you hit it. Not noticing it is the main reason for getting stuck in this game.

11. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, IIRC, using the key will get you the item to solve the stump, which will give you what you need to solve the clock. One of the keyholes is in an unusual place - look around carefully and you'll see it.

12. mattfink

mattfink New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Help required please

I love this game....
    I currently have matches, empty/full fishbowl
    and combination. What is next or what am I
    missing? Your help would be appreciated.

13. Ninjamegz

Ninjamegz New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I'm guessing 'love is they key to the world' is the clue for the globe but what does it mean?

14. mattfink

mattfink New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Still stuck

Scale? Globe? Help please.

15. mattfink

mattfink New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks a lot sorted now. Consider the fridge they tell me.
    Thanks again.

16. Radenayu

Radenayu New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    4 colours you need to solve the globe. Consider you go to the fridge and pay attention unto the alphabets' colours you need ;)

17. niicole

niicole Member

Feb 5, 2012
    #517 niicole, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    The token is used in the dining room, not the kitchen :).

I don't know what any of my stuff is for (matches, wooden box, rusty key, fish bowl without fish and paper)
    I don't know where to go from here. Fire is lit, I have figured out the birds, clock, globe..Ahh, I'm just getting frustrated. :(

18. Marcusang

Marcusang New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Hi,i just registered can you give a little hint on about solving the globe plz

19. Marcusang

Marcusang New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Can u plz tell me how 2 do the globe puzzle

20. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, remember if there is anything with a keyhole that is still locked. It should be rather decrepit, too, because the key is rusty.

As to the rest of it, well, did you visit the study? You know that you need, right?
    Now look at what you've got. A closed wooden box. A fire. Etc.