Angry Birds is broken

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bmn0210, Mar 7, 2010.

1. bmn0210

bmn0210 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2010
    I decided to give this game a try yesterday, but every time I've tried to run it, it gets as far as the loading screen and my iPhone suddenly reboots. I' ve NEVER had this behavior from and app before, and absolutely nothing I try seems to fix it (deleting, redownloading, logging out, re-authorizing).

I'm running 3.1.2 on a 3GS. Can anyone help me out? If not, could the devs of this app please get a fix out asap?

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #2 Coldar, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010

Do you mean the full game or the lite.
    Haven't tried the lite but going to now....but was pretty sure i was going to get the full but now....
    Let me know what your situations is later....

Edit: nv......purchasing regardless.

3. bmn0210

Feb 13, 2010
    Full version.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    K'.....launching it now....full.
    Let you know whats up in a sec.

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    did you turn on your push notification like it asked you too?

Not sure if it matters.....yet

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    No problems loading game. I turned notifications on launched game and then tried it with notifications off and still launched game. No Probs
    Great game.....uh....sorry, hope you get it figured out.:)

7. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

nope, because it doesn't happen to anyone but yourself, so are you jailbroken or what? what have you done to your iphone because i don't think this is a coding problem.

obviously I am not part of rovio, (my comments are me being a smartass, I'm sure they will help but you will need to provide crash logs, and if the game wasn't purchased you will be providing them with plenty of information to provide to apple.)

turning on notifications will not do anything, it is simply optional.

8. bmn0210

Feb 13, 2010
    No, not jailbroken, so I don't see how it could be my phone. And I haven't seen any other apps do this - except for the lite version which has exactly the same problem.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So you deleted it from the device, then put it back on, rebooted the device, etc?

10. bmn0210

Feb 13, 2010
  11. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Turn your device off and on again after installing the game

12. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Update to 3.1.3

13. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    That happened to me ever since the new update. :(

14. bmn0210

Feb 13, 2010
    Already tried it.

Not sure how that would fix anything.

15. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Just update your iPhone. What's so bad about updating to a new firmware?

16. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Have you not upgraded to 3.1.3? That would probably be a good idea, just in case.

17. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    ya, i dont see why you wont upgrade unless your jailbroken, which you said your not, but if you are then that could be the problem. If this doesnt work then you will have to contact the devs if you want them to do something about it.

18. bmn0210

Feb 13, 2010
    I'm hesitant to upgrade because of the multitude of problems people have reported with 3.1.3. I tend to keep a close eye on Apple's support forums whenever a new firmware is released, and I haven't liked what I've seen.

Some of it's no doubt from jailbroken users who updated without restoring first (some people report "bricking", which is almost certainly this), but other stuff really doesn't make sense if that was really the only cause (such as Wifi connectivity problems and major stability bugs). 3.1.3 was supposed to be a bugfix update, the fact that I've read nothing about it except it introducing MORE bugs worries me.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I'm running on 3.12 with an older 3 Gs , jailbroken (for SB settings and Categories) and have no problems with any aspect of the game. Your situation is very strange, perhaps there is some bleed from other aps that you run that is corrupting memory or something. I have no idea but sounds like something more then just a problem with this one app.

20. kelthos

kelthos New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Heya,

I was having a lot issues recently with apps crashing upon startup for no reason (in particular Giana Sisters and Final Fantasy).

Even after removing them, reinstalling through iTunes - they would still crash.

What fixed it for me was do a restore on the phone. If you're running out of ideas or another solution doesn't present itself, I would recommend giving this ago.

NB - if you're using the Mobile Blizzard Authenticator, be sure to remove this from your Battle.net account first!! I didn't which meant a very long and expensive phone call to Blizzard :S