Universal Another World - 20th Anniversary (By Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

2. Cassette

Cassette Member

Sep 6, 2011
    #102 Cassette, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
    You're suppose to take the elevator all the way down, and shoot the small blinking light on the wall. It's at 7:04 in DelusionalTool's video.

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So im def taking the easy way out but could anyone pm me about the UFO achievement?

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    thank you.. was going CRAZY!!

I remember playing this as a kid, but on my neighbors computer... so only little doses around the middle and end of the game...

It's friggin amazing! I can't believe I've never played this all the way through until now.

5. farjo08

farjo08 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    #105 farjo08, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
    Just finished the game. I also did not get the achievement for finishing it, nor for the UFO.

Edit: Thanks for the UFO PMs (how to find out) - thus updated confirming I'm missing that achievement as well.

6. farjo08

Jul 17, 2011
    Looks like there is an update indicating it fixes the end of game achievement bug. No mention of the UFO achievement.

I'm not sure that the UFO achievement is bugged, but did anyone get it, and if so, could you explain how?

I'm downloading this now (remotely) so won't be able to check it until later this evening or tomorrow, but will report back.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I can confirm that the updated version does correct the missing final achievement. Just re-load the final sequence.
    Now I have all 13/13 achievements and the game always in my pocket: my life is complete :)

BTW the UFO Easter egg achievement was never bugged...just google it if you want to know how to do it, it's really simple.

8. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep, great game....

....but noone ever did answer Michael J Fox's question about iCade. This game is perfect for iCade. Flashback seriously does work brilliant with it. This would be a real bobby dazzler with them (and would also appear to have been acquired properly).

9. farjo08

Jul 17, 2011
    After upgrading to 1.2, I was able to get "The End" achievement as others have already reported, but I still was not getting the "UFO" achievement. I started a new game and as soon as the UFO appeared, I got that achievement as well. Not sure why I originally had problems with it, but eveything works for me now.

Thanks for the update!

10. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Since it hasn't been posted already, this game is on sale now for $1.99. For those waiting, it's now or never to get it. This doesn't go on sale very often.

11. Astrofra

Astrofra Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I saw this game running for the first time on a friend's Comodore Amiga.
    He used to plug his computer's audio output on a Fender guitar amplifier, and I can say that the introduction sequence what made AWESOME :D

'Not fond of the iDevice controls, but the game itself was really picky on the controls back then (execpt for the late Sega Genesis version, maybe?).

I purchased the iOS version anyway. I had to. Such a masterpiece

12. rezzo

rezzo Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    On sale, $0.99

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I hope they do a retina update for the iPad

14. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    This is fantastic game. Look is superb.

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    What exactly is this? A platformer? Is it worth my buck?

16. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's a pretty tough platformer, I love it. Played when I was little.

17. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    All the good reviews in the appstore are written by people drunk on nostalgia.'Brings back good memories', 'great port of a classic', 'reminds me of childhood', 'loved this game back in the day' etc etc.

I just have this feeling that the 'ground breaking cinematic' experience this game is suppose to provide isn't going to appeal to people playing it for the 1st time. I am not exactly sure what this game is about too! I suppose the core gameplay mechanics must be pretty damn awesome for the old crowd to like it so much.

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It's more notable in terms of early use of polygons to save memory and to provide a cinematic aesthetic. The gameplay is a lot like the original Prince of Persia. What's neat is that while it does have some cutscenes, most of the scripted material is incorporated right into the action. I think it's best to watch some videos of it rather than rely on textual descriptions of the game though.

19. Tyska

Tyska Active Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I freaking loved that game - years ago!

Thank god, I will definitly buy that for my iPad.

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The game is now Icade compatible.