Warning to other iOS developers..

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Mr Qwak, Mar 24, 2012.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I was told by a dev 2 years ago to avoid switching my accounts with Apple, as it was a mess for him as well. Thanks for the thread...I'd love to switch them out but, no way.

2. Mr Qwak

Mr Qwak Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Thanks Hercule! :)

Yep, understandable developers being cautious about it. Can't blame you. Wish I had known, could have saved myself the heart-ache and lost sales.

3. xGEKKOx

xGEKKOx Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Male
    Coder/Programmer
    Italy
    Thx for the information!!!
    I know your race game and you deserve to raise again.
    :)

4. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    Oh man... I actually felt it in my heart when I read your story!! MAN!!!
    I'd die if that happen to me really... thanks for a heads up...

This down thing happened to me before... I got an app featured
    but I was really new in the business (read: noob) and I didn't change
    the app price to 99cent and that time there was no iAd. And I kinda
    scared if I change the price, APple would remove me from the New & Noteworthy.
    Could've made big bucks... but no.. sucks..

Reminds all of us to be extra careful of what we do with our apps. One
    wrong move, and big bucks are missed.

Retro Racing surely deserve to be featured by Apple as a "sorry we didn't warned you about that earlier" gesture.

Nuff said.

5. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    I really hope Apple give some kind of good will gesture in the form of a feature or the like, but honestly, chances are that they wont. You have to wonder though; how many times has this happened to other developers?

6. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

Congrats getting featured Mr Qwak! Another great outcome for indie developers.

7. Thanks for the notice. At least, some people get to know your app from it:)

8. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    How heartbreaking to read this!

So glad Retro Racing was featured, it was the least they could do after all!

9. blitter

#29 blitter, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
    What? I find it quite the contrary personally! Reviewed by The Sun newspaper, a few grand per day for half of 1 day would do me lol. When I released my first app, it showed on the store with a black icon, it fell down the chart like a rock. I couldn't get the time of day yet alone a feature lol...Yeah this result is heart *warming* and gave me the faith to even get out of bed.

10. Mr Qwak

Mr Qwak Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    Hi Chaps,

Sure, it's kinda heart-breaking, but you can't dwell on that stuff, gotta keep going forward. :)

Anyhow, as you may have noticed, Retro Racing was featured on the AppStore last week, in the UK; so quite happy about that.

If you haven't checked the game out yet, here's some codes...

K469TFWMH9HT
    NLWN3RNNHA4H
    AK43WHPW6X37

Have fun guys!! :p

11. blitter

Agreed that dwelling on the past only prolongs the pain! But it can still take months to get over these mishaps. My number 1 tip is always phone as even sending screenshots of broken store didn't help at all. After 1 week I decided to send an update to resolve the issue myself. I dwelled on that plus other minor stuff all year (from April 2011 to December 2011) before finally being able to get over it and finally stop letting it get to me.

Returning to the thread topic, I'm going to take your advise and migrate too. Now is as good a time as any as I just registered new app name! 3 months should be enough to migrate I hope (don't quote me on that ;-)

12. greenantgames

greenantgames Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Man, that blows - thanks for the tip...

i already got + enjoyed your game but the way - :)

13. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    OWCH.

Oh well, I'm sure you have already had the idea to contact the sun and have them do a story on your game getting pulled and the sales plummeting (human interest elements, business angle, etc).

May be able to make lemonade with this yet.

14. Rainier

Rainier Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks for your cautionary tale. I'm making sure to launch my account with the end setting in mind so I don't have to make changes in the future.

15. James Green

James Green Member

Sep 30, 2011
    thank you for the codes...

16. fortunacus game

fortunacus game Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2012
    hi, Im a new developer in IOs, and I use individual developer license, if someday the sales got really high should I have to change to company iOS developer account?

I really need to know, is there a term I need to migrate if the sales got really high?

thanks pal for the answer