iPhone Via Pompeii by TimeTours (developer diary)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kukulcan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Obviously, the screen shots above are at night. From what I can see, the graphics look amazing. I am really looking forward to this app since I've always been very curious about Pompeii. Hurry up, OK? ;-)

2. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    #22 kukulcan, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
    Yep, these shall introduce the time travel sequences and they cant do the transfer at daytime, when the archeological sites are full of tourists.

But actually, these two are just the examples I gave to the 3D artist. With some good old 2D/3D compositing (the bus illuminating the scenes a little more) I hope it sets the mood.

3. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    2012/03/09 It was an "interesting" week. The programmer left us. We are in new negotiations already, so I don't see the project in danger...but I don't know about release date :(

We have the music, many of the cutscenes are done in previz quality, looks like we need to get some rendered in final quality to show the concept off (if we need to convince a new programmer).

Not much to show off today, but I am positive the TimeTours bus will find its way through dark periods.

[​IMG]

4. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    2012/03/16 Back on track with a new programmer, welcome Felisberto.

He had a look at the gameplay and we are right now streamlining stuff together, so it will be easier to get into the game.

5. kukulcan

Jan 4, 2009
    2012/03/23 Always a strange feeling when initial release dates just pass. But it looks like the new release date is pretty realistic.

More character designs incoming, here is the cast for Baelo Claudia, which is the last city before you go to Pompeii.

[​IMG]

Some classical compositing work for our cutscenes that drive the time travel story:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO7Rh_cYoTQ